Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Tuesday and Rain Again

I slept well although I read until 1:00AM. I had no idea the time. I just got engrossed in my book and lost track of the time. It's shortly after 6:00AM now and I am up and dressed and having my breakfast here in the den. I heard thunder awhile ago and I am pretty sure it is raining...again. Stephen, my landlord, got his yard mowed last evening and that's probably a good thing since we are forecast for rain most of the week. This is a very wet spring.

I don't have a plan for today. I may start another puzzle. It has been awhile since I have done one. First I will finish my latest book...the one I stayed up until 1:00AM reading last night. These murder mysteries are hard to put down when you get into the plot.

It's not raining now but it definitely has been raining. Everything out there is soaked. It's a good thing Stephen got his yard mowed last evening.

I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" and the cats.They may not be out in this weather. 

Well, Blondie was out there and I fed him but there wasn't a sign of Scruff. He ate and left and I brought the food into the kitchen...just in case she comes later...

I did catch the weather though.Today is to be 85 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 81 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 84 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy.  

That's this week's weather forecast. 

 I will watch the news now.

Scruff finally came for her breakfast and I put it back out there. She is eating now.  

More even later...

I read for awhile and then I decided to go up to Independence to Big Cheese and have lunch. I invited Leslie but she and John were in Bartlesville. I tried texting her after I had my lunch but she didn't answer this time so I won't trouble them again.. I brought some of the pizza home for lunch tomorrow.

I went back to my book but I am not getting interested in this one. 

I got a graduation announcement from Sage in today's mail.I wasn't sure what to get her so I bought her some house slippers. The past two  gifts I bought her were a bracelet with a volley ball on it and the next gift was a necklace that matched it. But what does one buy for a gift for an 18 year old anymore. I sent off the gift in today's mail. She should have it Saturday.

The sun is shining brightly. It's not raining now.

It looks like the best day to have Krystal mow might be Sunday afternoon. It's not supposed to rain Saturday on Sunday so by Sunday afternoon the yard should be dry.

More later...

I read some more this afternoon and finished another book.I will need to download some more free books from Amazon.

It's 5:42PM and I won't take my bath until 7:00PM. I am watching CBS news right now.

I texted Krystal about mowing Sunday afternoon about 3:00PM-3:30PM She agreed to do it then.

I hope it doesn't rain Saturday and Sunday.

My friend from Independence Missouri, Joanne Stoner, contacted me this afternoon to tell me she is planning  to move to Independence, Kansas, in July or August. I always stayed with her and her husband when I went to John Whitmer Historical Association meetings for 35 years. She lost her husband in February. Her kids live in Independence, Kansas, now. She is my age and it will be good for her to be near her younger son. I always liked her so much. I hope she does move nearby so we can visit. It has been years since I have gone to John Whitmer Historical Association.

More even later...I will take my bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I like the name Sage. It’s different.