Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I slept fairly well last night. I did wake up at 5:00AM with a very sore shoulder again. I may have to get out the brace Leslie gave me a couple of years ago when this first happened. That fixed it for a couple of years. I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I am eating my breakfast here in the den. I have been reading my e-mail and the new Chronicle. I lost another classmate. Jack Bishop died at 87 yesterday. I have now lost 159 classmates from our class of Coffeyville's Field Kindley High School class of 1953.

I have my hair appointment in Coffeyville at 9:00AM. It is just now 6:44AM so I have some time.

I haven't yet checked "the weather on the 8's"or on the cats. 

I ought to at least check on the cats. It's late for them.

Sure enough..both cats were out there waiting for me to open the door. I took out their food and they are both eating now. I don't think Scruff was here for supper but Blondie was. He is finished now but Scruff is still eating. 

It's 6:56AM now and in a couple of minutes the weather may be on.  It doesn't often come on every "8" but usually it does. It looks like they may skip the 6:58AM "8".

Both cats have finished eating now but they are still sitting out there on the sidewalk enjoying "no rain". It is supposed to rain this morning unless they have taken it out of the forecast for today.

I finally got the "weather on the 8's". Today is forecast for 82 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 83 degrees and mostly sunny. Friday's forecast is to be 83 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Saturday is to be 85 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 92 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday 94 degrees and mostly sunny and Tuesday 91degrees and sunny. Not a lot of change and it looks like Krystal will be able to mow for me on Sunday afternoon. Friday was the last forecast rain so it should be dry by Sunday afternoon.

It's 7:43AM now. I will leave for Coffeyville at 8:15AM. I want to go to the bank before I go to the beauty shop. I will need some cash for the week. This is my regular hairdo week and I will also need money for the mowing on Sunday afternoon.

More even later... 

I got to Coffeyville in plenty of time for my hair so I went to the bank first and got money for the week and then went to their Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush and took it to the beauty shop and left it in the car while I had my hair fixed. Then I went to the Medicine Shoppe and got my blood pressure med and then went on to Independence to Walgreen's to get my thyroid med. The woman wanted me to come back in 30 minutes because she had not yet filled it but the weather was getting pretty dark and I went back in 15 minutes instead. She still hadn't filled it but I told her I was trying to avoid the rain storm. She noted that I lived in Caney so she filled it anyhow. 

I got about a  half mile down the road and the storm hit. It rained hard enough that my windshield wipers could barely handle the downpour. I just ran them full blast and slowed down to 50 miles per hour.  I could barely see. That was what I was trying to avoid by going up early to get my prescription filled but I made it fine. At least I didn't run into any hail and now my car is in the garage where it will stay. 

I brought half of that pizza from yesterday home with me and I will warm it up for my lunch today.It's 10:48AM now so I have awhile until I have lunch.

I notice some of my lilies are opening today. Some of the white ones opened a couple of days ago and today a yellow and gold one is open.

It's not raining now but it definitely has been raining. Everything out there is soaked. It's a good thing Stephen got his yard mowed Monday evening.

It looks like the best day to have Krystal mow might be Sunday afternoon. It's not supposed to rain Saturday or Sunday so by Sunday afternoon the yard should be dry. I texted her and she thought Sunday after noon would be fine.

May be an image of flower and nature 

This is a photo of the lilies that opened this week. Four white ones and one yellow and gold one so far. The red is saliva. 

I didn't get any mail today but luckily I didn't get any junk mail either.

It's after 11:30AM and I will warmup that pizza for my lunch. I am hungry now.

More later..

May be an image of outdoors 

These are the flowers in my mailbox flowerbed. 

More even later... 

I have been watching the news and it's now 6:45PM and I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and read in another book if my Kindle is charged enough.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or thereabouts.

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Your lilies are lovely. We are getting all your rain now.

I’m sorry about you losing your classmate, Jack.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. He was quite a hero. Thank you for your sympathy!

Margie

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you for sharing this sad news. I don't know if your class remembers that Jack made 'Top Gun' during his service as a U. S. Navy pilot. At one time Jack was in a training mission in California when his Navy jet became disabled. He rode the plane down, carefully guiding it away from the city below (San Diego?) and out over the Pacific Ocean before ejecting from the plane into the ocean. A hero in my books.

Jack is being cared for by the Trident Society in San Diego. His first wife, your classmate Charlene Wasson, was also cremated and her cremains are scattered over the Sierra Nevada Mountains.

Kathryn