Monday, June 6, 2022

Monday and a Trip to see Nancy

I slept well last night. I got up this morning and stripped my bed and have a load of laundry in the dryer now. I have remade the bed already. I am dressed and ready to go for the day. I am getting ready to have my breakfast. I am drinking my coffee now. It is 6:16AM. 

I heard a lot of thunder last night. I assume it rained. I haven't looked out yet.

I looked out and my lilies are blooming, It did rain. I had to tie one of them up to keep it upright.

I had asked Kelly if he wanted to have breakfast this morning. He had asked me while Keith and Esther were here and I had their company and took a rain check. He was sick yesterday and not at church...neither was Melissa. He says he is working today. This is usually one of his days off. Maybe he is making up a day he missed.

Anyhow, I am working on eating my oatmeal now. 

More later ...I will go check on the weather and the cats.  

I got the weather forecast and Scruff was the only cat out there for breakfast. I fed her and when she finished and left, I put the cat food away in the garage and  covered it.

I folded most of the laundry and put it away too. The towels are the only things left in the dryer.  It's 7:02AM now. I got the dishes done too and they are drying in the rack.

Today's forecast is 85 degrees and partly cloudy,  Tuesday is 81 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, Wednesday's is 82 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Thursday's is 84 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday's is 81  degrees and AM thunderstorms, Saturday's is 80 degrees and partly cloudy, and Sunday's is 83 degrees and partly cloudy.

Still lots of rain...

It's a little after 9:00AM and I need to stop by the Dollar General store before going on to Bartlesville to visit Nancy. I need two or three things I can get there

  More even later...

I visited with Nancy for awhile as she got dressed and then we decided to go to Caney and see what had been done about the building downtown that had burned. Nothing much was done at all. We drove around for awhile and then went to Eggbert's for lunch. We drove by Nancy's house and found that Dale was there looking for the garage door openers.Nancy's daughter -in-law had been looking at them and she left her glasses there too. Dale thought she might have put the garage door openers in her purse and had texted her to see if that was what had happened. He wanted Sandy to get the furniture she had in Nancy's garage out of there. He is showing the house to people.

I took Nancy back to Bartlesville after that and said goodbye to her. I will go back next Monday and take her to lunch again and for another drive. Today was a lovely day and she thoroughly enjoyed it.

I got home about 2:30PM. I stopped by Mr. G's and bought a small butter pecan flurry. I see they have  a realtor's "For Sale" sign in front of their building now. 

More even later... 

It's 6:05PM  now and I have been reading this afternoon. Stephen came to the duplex after his work and is mowing his yard right now.  I apologized for getting my rent check to him a day late and he said it was no big deal. But I felt bad about it. 

I will take my bath closer to 7:00PM and plan to go to bed around 9:00PM or so. It has been a big day.

Tomorrow will be a quieter day. I have my laundry done and nothing planned for tomorrow. I will get my hair cut on Wednesday at Toni's in Coffeyville. Thursday I plan to clean the apartment again.


No comments: