Sunday, June 5, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept fairly well last night except about 2:00AM I woke up with leg and foot cramps. I took some Hyland leg cramp medicine. You put the tablet under your tongue and while it melts, the cramps go away. I keep it  on hand all the time. Every once in awhile I have leg or foot cramps and sometime like last night, I have both. I finally got back to sleep and shortly before 5:00AM, I got up.

I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day.

Now, I am going to make my breakfast.

O.K. I have my breakfast now and will have to wait awhile for my oatmeal to cool a bit to eat it. In the meanwhile, I will go check on the weather and the cats.

So more later... 

The cats were both out there waiting for their breakfast so I took their food out to them. When I got back to the living room the weather on the 8;s" was just coming on so I grabbed my phone and took a photo of the week's forecast.

Today is to be 81 degrees with morning thunderstorms, Monday is to be 86 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Tuesday is to be 80 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 82 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 83 degrees and partly cloudy and Friday is to be 84 degrees with AM thunderstorms. Lots of rain!  All but Thursday!

Thank goodness I got the yard mowed on Friday

It's 6:12AM and it's pouring down rain out there. The cats are gone..of course.. and I need to get the cat food into the garage and cover it.

I got the cat food into the garage and covered. It was a little damp but I think it will be alright. It's raining very hard out there. 

I notice the rain has let up a little but there's still lots of thunder out there so it's not finished yet. I just hope it doesn't hail while I am at church. 

It turned out to be a pretty day at church and we had a nice sized small congregation. We had four that didn't come but it was raining so I am not surprised.

Karan had a good sermon and it was Communion Sunday.

Phyllis Fredensborg and I joined Rick and Carmen to eat at Just Us in Cherryvale. The others went somewhere else.....probably with John and Leslie.

I got home about 12:15PM and will read awhile now....

I wrote letters to those who weren't at church today and told them we missed them and sent them the bulletin. 

So more even later....

It's 7:22PM now and I just finished my bath. I read all afternoon in another newly downloaded book. I will get back to it as soon as I catch this up.

I plan to go to bed sometime around 9:00PM

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Try drinking any brand of Tonic Water, or diet Tonic Water to prevent cramps. I drink 8 oz a day, for the quinine in it that helps with cramps. It's very tolerable to me to drink it, as it's almost like a bit of lemon squeezed into the water. If I forget and get a cramp, I can immediately drink some, and the cramp goes away. Being awake from 2 to 5 a.m. is too long for me. I asked my doc if there was a quinine pill. He said to just keep drinking the tonic water. Linda in Kansas

Galla Creek said...

Thanks to DrumMajor for the tonic water hint. I did not know this. If we read we can learn new things.