Thursday, June 30, 2022

Thursday and Leslie's Retirement Reception

It's 5:00AM and I am up early. I slept well for a change and I think I was only up once in the night.

This is the day Leslie has been counting down for months....her retirement. She will be 65 years old tomorrow on July 1st. Her retirement party is this morning at 11:00AM at the  Four County Mental Health building in Independence.  She has invited all her dearest friends and co-workers..of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world.

I will get my breakfast going now and be back to this shortly. 

I have my breakfast now here in the den. When I finish it I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. Neither of them came last night for supper so they may be out there hungry this morning. 

I was lucky...both cats were out there and I also caught the weather forecast. 

Today will be 98 degrees and sunny, Friday will be 95 degrees and sunny, Saturday will be 93 degrees and partly cloudy,   Sunday will be 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 97 degrees and sunny,Tuesday is forecast to be 101 and sunny and Wednesday is to be 101 and mostly sunny. It looks like a very hot week!

It's 9:21AM now and in a little while I will leave for Independence and Leslie's retirement reception. It begins at 11:00AM. 

I finished my latest book and will go on up to Independence and stop at their Walmart and buy Tide. I am completely out of detergent.

Once again, I did not receive my Montgomery County Chronicle. I have e-mailed the Chronicle but so far have not received the paper.

I did attend Leslie's retirement reception and there was a very good attendance. Even Cyndi and Jeff from Joplin attended.

I gave her my gift for her retirement and will give her her birthday gift tomorrow. on her birthday.

I went down town to see Kathy Taylor to tell her I didn't receive my Chronicle this week and she sent me a copy from her computer. When I received it, I read it and then forwarded it on to the kids. 

Then I read awhile until my eyes got tired. It's 3:47PM now and I will read awhile until time to take my bath.

It's almost 7:00PM and I am going to take my bath and put my pajamas on and robe. Then I will read some more or watch the CBS evening news.I recorded it. At 9:00PM, I will go on to bed.

4 comments:

Suemn said...

Congratulations to Leslie on her retirement. I can still remember how happy I was to say "Goodbye" to my job as I retired:)

Margie's Musings said...

Me too and that's bee awhile, Suemn.

Annsterw said...

Sounds like my kind of day! Walmart and bed by 9PM. Sleep well!!

Galla Creek said...

Happy retirement. Leslie will stay busy.