Friday, July 1, 2022

Friday and Leslie's Birthday

I slept really well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I am dressed and ready for the day. Leslie is 65 today and fully retired. There will be no more "on call" weekends. I know she must be very relieved at that. She has a busy summer though. She will be going to Lamona, Iowa for Spec and we leave next weekend for church "reunion"..That's a week of family camp. Karan and I will be sharing a cabin for the week of the 9th through the 15th of July. I will take my sleeping bag and pillow for the week...and of course, a suitcase of clothing. After reunion, Leslie will take four teens with her and go to Lamona, Iowa, for a week of Spec.

In September..the 15th though the 18th, Leslie and I will be gone to the John Whitmer Historical Association's 50th anniversary celebration to be held at the Temple in Independence, Missouri. I belonged to that history association for 35 years and even co-presented a paper there at the last before I stopped attending.  

More Later...

I opened the door and both cats were out there waiting for their  breakfast.I just got it out there and a large black dog showed up too.The cats jumped up on the window sills and he moved on. But they are looking vigilant just in case he comes back. But they are back to eating again...watchfully!!

I caught the weather too. Today is to be 96 degrees and mostly sunny, Tomorrow will be 94 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday 99 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 102 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 102 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 103 degrees and mostly sunny. It will be an even hotter week next week. Wow!

I went out to John and Leslie's and took Leslie's birthday gifts out to her. John took me out to see the puppies. They are so cute! Two are speckled like their mother and three are black. They are very cute!! I held one of the black ones and he just snuggled up to me.

I gave Leslie her birthday gifts.  One was a Ruby birthstone necklace that I bought when the jewelry store went out of business and the Jeweler retired and the other were little towels that said  "You had me at woof!" She will get some remarks about that. They are having a cook out and swim party Sunday after church and have invited the congregation. I have no idea where my swim suit is. I will look around and see if I can find it.

I got the mopping and bedroom, hall and den vacuumed and will rest awhile to start on the living room and dining room. Vacuuming really takes it out of me anymore. If I rest thirty minutes and drink some water, I can continue just fine though.

I got the last two rooms finished and everything is done except the dusting. And I will do that later.

 More Even later...

It's almost7:00PM and I have been reading all afternoon. I went to Eggbert's for lunch and had their chicken salad with fruit and a muffin and sweet tea. It's always very good!

I just took my bath and put my pajamas and robe on and will go back to my book for awhile until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

Josh Moon texted me this afternoon. If it doesn't rain he will mow for me Sunday afternoon after 5:00PM. Sunday should work out.There's no rain in the forecast for Sunday.


No comments: