Monday, June 27, 2022

Monday and a Trip to See Nancy

I slept fairly well last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den right now. Later on this morning I will check on the weather and the cats. Scruff finally came for supper last night. I hadn't seen anything of her all day although Blondie did come to eat earlier.

After awhile, I will go down to Bartlesville to visit Nancy and take her to lunch. I usually like to be there by 10:00AM or 10:30AM at the latest. We visit about an hour before we leave for lunch.

 It's almost 6:00AM now.

Both Blondie and Scruff were out there for their breakfast this morning and seemed very hungry.  

I also put Rick's birthday card out on the mailbox with the flag up. His birthday won't be until Thursday and they will be on the road to Alabama on Thursday to see their boys and grandchildren. I wanted him to have it before they leave.  

Carmen is over the Covid..if she ever had it. Rick never got it so I believe she was mistaken. I think she just had a bad headache.

More later....

I finally caught the weather forecast. Today is to be 81 degrees and partly sunny, Tuesday 86 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 90 degrees and sunny, Thursday 98 degrees and sunny, Friday 94 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday 90 degrees and scattered thunderstorms, and Sunday 88 degrees and mostly cloudy. That's the week. The only rain forecast is for Saturday.

It's 6:53AM now  so more later....

I transferred some money from my savings to my checking account so I could pay my rent on Friday. I ran a little short this month what with the car insurance coming due in July. My premium went up due to my wreck. I lost my safe driver's discount. That cost me over $70.00 more per half.

I got down to see Nancy about 10:30AM and after she dressed, we went to Caney to eat out at Eggbert's and then I took her by to see the "For Sale" sign in front of her house. We also noticed her mother's house had a "For Sale"sign  too.

She wanted to buy her mother's house and move into it because it was all on one floor. I don't think Dale and Gina or even David would be in favor of that move.

I took her back to Bartlesville and left about 2:15PM to come back home. I am pretty tired now. It has been a big day already.

It is nearly 3:00PM now. I will read awhile.

My daughter-in-law, Esther, got up this morning with the Covid. She has been sick all day. So far, my son has avoided it. They were both fully vaccinated and had both had the Covid already. This is Esther's second go around with it. She had a bad case of it the first time she had it. And she thinks it may have come from the airplane this time. She went with Keith to Rome for two weeks and had a wonderful time...until this....He worked and only was able to go with her after he got off work but they still had a wonderful time. I hope she isn't as sick this time as she was last time. She should have antibodies from having it before. This is terrible!

I read until I finished my book and then I took my bath at 6:15PM. After that I put on my pajamas and robe and came in here to work on the blog.

I plan on going to bed at 9:00PM or thereabouts.

More next time...

No comments: