Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I was up shortly before 5:00AM this morning. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. 

I didn't sleep all that well.  The neighbor boys were out to the west side of my yard shooting off fireworks on my yard. They made a mess of my yard and were making so much noise I couldn't sleep. I went out and told them to stop shooting off fireworks on my yard. It was only the 28th...nowhere near the4th. After they went home, I went out and cleaned up the mess in my yard. Most of them disbursed but the boy across the street to the north of my place kept shooting off loud firecrackers in defiance of my complaint. I finally called the city to find out if he was in violation of their city ordinance doing it so early. They sent a police woman out to stop him. That's when his mother finally intervened too. He just set off fountains after that. They didn't make any loud noises.

I hate the noise of the 4th of July. Last year it went on until midnight on the 4th and I like to never got to sleep. 

I will leave here about 7:45AM to get my hair done in Coffeyville at 8:30AM.  I am having my oatmeal for breakfast now and it's only 6:00AM.

It's 6:15AM and I had better go check the weather and the cats!

No cats yet! But I got in there just in time to catch the weather forecast.

Today will be 91 degrees and sunny, Thursday will be 93 degrees and sunny, Friday will be 95 degrees and sunny, Saturday 93 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 92 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday 97 degrees and mostly sunny, and Tuesday 100 degrees and sunny. Tuesday will be a real scorcher!

I got my hair done at Toni's and stopped at Dollar General there to get some contact cleaner.Then I came on back home. 

Tomorrow is Leslie's retirement party at Four County Mental Health in Independence. I plan to attend, of course. The time is to be 11:00AM  - 1:00PM. I will take her gifts and leave them in the car until I decide whether I should take them in.

 More even later...

I drove up to Independence to the Dairy Queen and bought myself a blizzard for my supper. It had been a while since I had had one. They are so good...terribly fattening, I know. But I don't have one very often.

Stephen is mowing next door. They have been in Florida on vacation for a week or so. I don't know how long he will be here so I took the rent check over to him. It's not due until the 1st but I wanted to get it to them while he is here.

They are such good people. 

It's 5:28PM now and I will go watch the CBS evening news now.

It's 6:27PM now and I am going to take my bath.  I will read after that and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM...if the fireworks will let me.

Perhaps More later....





4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Goofy Mom should have seen to it that those kids were at least on their own property to shoot off fireworks, but then she might have had to clean up after them, or not, most likely she would have just let the firework mess right where it was until it could blow into someone elses yard.

The fireworks these days are so very loud, and in our neighbor hood they start early morning and go all day and night, at all different houses around here. I don't like them if they are so loud they make me jump, or if the neighbors set off smoke bobmbs that somehow the smoke permeates into our home and plays havok with my asthma. in the morning after the firework shows, and people have done their own fireworks, our neighborhood is still enveloped in stinking smoke hanging in the air until the morning breezes blow it away. I purposely made sure to do my insurance mail order expensive asthma inhalers to get here before all of the firework fumes just about overcome me.

It seems like people get real carried away with so many fireworks for so long now days that it becomes a misery instead of an exciting day and evening of celebration.

Suemn said...

Hi Margie, I don't mind the fireworks but my poor dog is so frightened when they go off and no matter what I do I can't calm her down. I am happy when the fireworks stop too.

Margie's Musings said...

I called the police last night and the woman policewomen came and told them to stop it at bedtime. I learned today that here in Caney, they are allowed to shoot them off from June 27th until July 4th. That's a week. That's ridiculous!

DrumMajor said...

The cats may not come around if they're scared of the fireworks. Maybe they'll need a bit of wine with their dinners. Linda in Kansas