Saturday, July 2, 2022

Saturday and Dusting

I slept pretty well last night and was only up in the night once. I kept the room a little cooler  and that may have made the difference. I was up shortly before 5:00AM and dressed and am having my breakfast now.

The only thing I have on my plate for today is to dust the apartment and water the flowers. Then I will finish my latest book. Josh wants to mow tomorrow evening after I get home from John and Leslie's cookout after church. I will need to go by the bank before church in the morning and get some money to pay him for the mowing and for next week's Wednesday hairdo. I hope it doesn't rain on Sunday. 

I got in the living room just in time to turn on the TV for "the weather on the 8's". Today is forecast to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday's forecast is to be 94 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 99 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 101 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 102 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday 101 degrees and partly cloudy, and Friday 100 degrees and partly cloudy.

That's the weather..now I will check on the cats.  

Both cats were out there for breakfast but Blondie must have eaten at home because he's not eating much at all. 

I see either an ambulance or the police are down State street on the west side of the street with red and blue lights flashing. It looks too large to be the police so it must be the ambulance. Both cats seem to be fascinated by the flashing lights although Scruff is back to eating off and on. 

 It's 6:22AM and she is gone now. I will leave the food out there for awhile though. She may come back for a second course.

I read until almost 10:00AM and then I went out to Dollar General and bought chips and breakfast bars. I will take the chips out to John and Leslie's cookout tomorrow. Right now, I will look for my swim suit. I don't have a clue where it is. 

More Even later...

I read all afternoon until I finished my latest book.  Then I went to the bank and withdrew some money for Josh, who will  mow for me tomorrow if it doesn't rain. I also bought gas since I was running low..

Jess came over this afternoon  and told me he had inquired about the price on Nancy's house.They are asking $185,000 for it. I don't know whether they can get it here in Caney. Maybe it won't sell.

I wrote checks this afternoon for the bills that came in today. I got the electric bill and the City's bill. I put the city's bill in their drop box with the check and they should process it on Monday. I sent off the Evergy bill in the mail. I won't get my social security until 13th this month.

It's 4:25PM now and I just had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my supper. I couldn't think of anything that sounded any better. 

Well, I found my swim suit and although it doesn't look the same as it did when I was 15 years old, it doesn't look awful either. I guess I will take it out to John and Leslie's tomorrow. I don't know whether I will have nerve enough to put it on and wear it but we will just play that by ear.

It's 5:17PM and I guess I will go watch the news now. I will get back to this later.

 More even later...

3 comments:

Kay said...

I always get worried when I see ambulance lights flashing in our neighborhood. I'm so glad you had a good nights sleep. I, on the other hand, was awoken when my husband's cellphone went off at 3:00 AM and I couldn't get back to sleep. Arrrghhh!

Galla Creek said...

I hope you have a great celebration. I know Leslie is looking forward to having time to do as she wishes.

Margie's Musings said...

Kay, my cell phone vibrates whenever I have Smart News come in. That always annoys me in the middle of the night.