Thursday, June 16, 2022

Thursday and a Tour

I slept fairly well last night but a little restless. I was afraid I might sleep too late and get to Independence too late to catch the tour bus. So I ended up getting up very early instead. But at least I am ready to go and can leave in plenty of time not to be late. I am having my oatmeal now.

I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day ahead. We will be going to Ponca City and Pawhuska and I am sure Sherry will have the history of both down pat. She always gives us lots of history of every community we pass though. I will leave here now later then 6:30AM, probably 6:15AM, in order to get the location of the tour bus in Independence before 7:00AM.  I was hoping either Karan or Phyllis would be going but neither of them is.

I usually clean my apartment on Thursdays but instead, I will clean it tomorrow.

More later...

I turned on the TV just in time to catch "the weather on the 8's".

Let's see if anything has changed on the forecast.

Today is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is to be 97 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday 94 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday 95 degrees and sunny, Monday 96 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 100 degrees and mostly sunny, and Wednesday 98 degrees and mostly sunny. It looks like a scorcher week ahead.  

I'll check and see if the cats are out there yet...

No, no cats yet. It's 5:31AM so it's probably about 30 minutes too early for them.

Scruff came for her breakfast and Blondie cam a little later and ate a little but I think he had been fed at his home. He didn't eat much. 

I want to leave here about 6:15AM so I won't miss the bus. It is getting light now so I won't be driving in the dark. I hope the car is going to be alright. 

When I started to start it and put it in gear yesterday at the beauty shop, it wouldn't go into gear again. I turned off the ignition and started it again and tried putting it into gear, and that time it worked and it went right into gear. I hope my transmission isn't trying to go out. I would have to get a loan at the bank to have it repaired.  Well, I don't need to buy trouble. I will just wait to see if everything is alright one day at a time.

More later in the day...

I got home from my tour about 6:15PM and watered the flowers. They were very dry. Now I need to water those in front. They too are very dry. It has been very hot all day. I had a good time but it was exhausting.

It's 6:28PM now and soon I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and read. It was an exhausting day. Way more walking then I was used to doing.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00 PM. I am very tired!

Perhaps even later...


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope you have a great day.

Margie's Musings said...

I did..but it was exhausting!!!