Saturday, June 18, 2022

Saturday and a Funeral

 I slept pretty well last night and it was almost 5:00AM when I finally got up. I got myself ready for the day and fixed my breakfast  I am eating that here in the den, as usual.

I will be attending the memorial service for an old friend this afternoon. Marilyn Lively died of Parkinson Disease recently.  They had a memorial service in Washington right after she died but she lived most of her life in Coffeyville and was very well known there so they are having one at Coffeyville's Presbyterian church at 2:00PM this afternoon.  I will attend that one. Bob and I had known her and her husband, Jack, for years. Marilyn and I had attended several classes at the Disciples of Christ seminary in Tulsa over the years.  

It's after 6:00AM now and I want to go check and see if the cats are back. They never made it for any meals yesterday.

So, more later.... 

Both cats came for their breakfast this morning! Whew!!! I hoped nothing serious had happened to them and evidently they are fine. Both ate and left but Scruff ate the most. She has no other source of food but birds and me. When she was finished, I took the cat food into the garage and covered it up.

I also saw "the weather on the 8's". It's going to be another very hot week.

Today is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 91 degrees and sunny, Monday 93 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 97 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 97 degrees and sunny, Thursday 97 degrees and partly cloudy and Friday 96 degrees and partly cloudy.  That's the week! And it's not even Summer yet!

More later.... It's 8:25AM now and I will get back to my book now. So, more even later.....

Instead of reading, I went out and watered the flowers again ,,,both the back ones and those under the mailbox. It seems to help them survive this hot weather. 

I now need to water the white geraniums in the front on the hook

So more even later.... 

I watered those geraniums and then about 9:15AM I left for Coffeyville. First I went out to Woodshed and bought gas and then I went to Eggbert's there in Coffeyville and had an omelet.It had been a long while since I had had one.

After that I sat in the parking at the library and read awhile in my Kindle. Then close to 1:45PM,  I went to the Presbyterian Church for Marilyn's service. It was very nice. Mike and Laura from our congregation were there too and sat with me.

I didn't go out to the winery  for the refreshments. I was very tired by then.  I got home about 4:00PM and read awhile.

About 7:00PM, I took my bath. I plan to go to bed around  9:00PM. I never did see the cats for supper. Now I will read until bedtime.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Sorry about the loss of your friend.