Monday, July 4, 2022

Monday and a Trip to See Nancy

I slept  well last night even though it was late before I was able to get to sleep because of the noise of the fireworks.

I was up at 5:00AM this morning and stripped my bed and am doing laundry. It's mostly underwear towels and the sheets from my bed.

I see the police are out front and appear to be investigation a wreck.There are two patrol cars out there. I took my trash out and saw them. Only Blondie was out there for breakfast and I had taken his food out there too. I didn't see anything of Scruff.

I did manage to get "the weather on the 8's" just as I came in the living room and turned on the TV.

More later...  

I went back out to take the cat food in after Blondie finished eating  and both police cars were gone and so was the white SUV that appeared to be involved in the wreck.

I put the laundry in the dryer and am just getting ready to fix my breakfast now.

First the weather forecast though.

Today is to be 99 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 100 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 102 and sunny,Thursday 103 and sunny, Friday 104 and mostly sunny, Saturday 99 degrees and mostly sunny and Sunday 102 and sunny. Very hot and very dry for the week..

I am having my breakfast here in the den as usual. I will take the laptop in the living room soon to watch the CBS news. 

I have had my breakfast and even watered the flowers. I will need to trim before it gets too hot. I may as well get to that now.

I got the yard trimmed and the walks swept off. It's very hot now..or it could just be my trimming and sweeping. I will check my phone for the temperature.

It's only 81 degrees. It must be my trimming and sweeping that heated me up so much.

It's only 8:27AM now and I am glad to get so much done. I got my laundry done, my bed remade and the yard trimmed and swept.Whew! I feel like I have done a day's work. 

More even later...

I left to go see Nancy about 9:30AM. I got there about 10:15AM and visited with her while she got dressed and ready to go to lunch. We went to Eggbert's and had their fried chicken meal. Then we visited the rest of the afternoon. I took her back to her assisted living apartment about 3:00PM. I went by the car wash but it was closed for the holiday. So I came back home and read. I checked my phone and discovered a voice message from Denise at the Merle Norman Store in Chanute and wrote her a check that will go out tomorrow in the mail. 

I read the rest of the afternoon until bath time at 7:00PM or so. It's almost 9:00PM now and I will soon go to bed. I have a nice clean bed since I changed  it this morning after I washed the sheets. 

They are still setting off  very loud firecrackers and so I know I will have a hard time getting to sleep with all the loud noise.

No comments: