Thursday, July 7, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept fairly well last night...certainly better then the past few days. I was up shortly before 5:00AM, made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. In a little bit, I will fix my breakfast and coffee and Chai and eat it all here in the den while I blog.

I have my breakfast  and am eating it now. Soon I will go check on the cats and see if they are ready for theirs. I also want to check the weather again too. It's very changeable here in Kansas...in fact, pretty much everywhere anymore. 

Both cats were out there...very hungry. I took their food out to them and Scruff is the only one still eating.  Blondie must have eaten at home earlier. He just ate a little and left. Scruff is just sitting out there now looking around.

The weather just came on. Today is forecast to be 103 degrees and partly cloudy... a real scorcher!. Tomorrow is to be 99 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday's forecast is for  93 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is forecast to be 98 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is going to be really hot....102 and sunny, Tuesday is to be 97 degrees and partly cloudy, and Wednesday is to be 95 degrees and partly cloudy.  Thursday (today) and  Monday are to be the hottest days...up in the 100's. 

I see Scruff and Blondie had come back and eaten some more. I will leave the cat food out there awhile longer.

It's only 6:00AM and I will wait awhile before beginning my mopping.

More later ....


It's  almost 9:00AM now and I have the mopping all finished and the throw rugs in the dryer on the "fresh air" setting and the bedroom and hall vacuumed and will rest awhile before doing the den. Then I will rest awhile again before doing the living room and dining room. I don't know why it seems like such a big job anymore.

More Even Later....I need to get back to it! It is 9:07AM now.

It's almost10:00AM now and I have finished the vacuuming and emptied the sweeper and put it away. 

I am pretty tired now. I will have to get the throw rugs out of the "fresh air"  in the dryer and put them where they belong. 

I will read for awhile, I guess. I'm not all that interested in this latest book but it was free from Amazon so I guess I shouldn't complain.

I was going to read but the battery is too low on the Kindle so I will have to wait for it to charge now.

I guess I will fix myself another peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch. I can't think of anything else I want. 

I guess I will go see if the Kindle is charged enough  to read. 

More Even Later

It's 3:45PM and I have been reading but I finished the book. I am tired of reading but also bored. I missed going to Bunco yesterday afternoon but David cancelled it for some reason. He didn't say why.

I was hacked this afternoon on the laptop computer. The man with a thick accent pretended to be Cox Complete Care. He told me they had a server problem and had it fixed now but they were were going to refund me two months cable fees and an additional hundred dollars as compensation. He wanted my bank information so they could deposit that money in my account. I knew right then he was a hacker. I told him I knew that from a previous experience and it wasn't going to work with me. He took over the laptop computer and wiped out everything on it and immobilized it and was not going to give it back to me until I agreed.  He also said they would come to my home tomorrow and kill me. I hung up on him and called Cox Complete Care. They downloaded an IT on it and in an hour or so, he got it wiped clean and restored everything the hacker said I had lost. Cox suggested I call the police and report it but I knew it wouldn't be anything Caney could take care of so I did not do that.

I had Cox Complete Care then come and go over my laptop computer this afternoon and get everything cleaned up. He also downloaded McAfee for security. He told me it comes free of charge with Cox Complete Care. I didn't know that was even a service available from Cox Complete Care. It's included in my $9.95 a month fee for their ITs.

This evening I did report it to the police as Cox wanted me to. The officer came over to my house and interviewed me about it. I told her the whole story.

I took my bath at 7:00PM after I watched the recorded CBS evening news. It is 7:43PM now. I will read until 9:00PM or so. Then I intend to go to bed.


3 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Please be careful on your emails and phone. About 50% of stuff is now hackers. If you get an email and words are misspelled and some capitol letters and some not, and the ending isn't .com, but something weird, do NOT click on it. Delete it. And don't click on any blue underlined links in the email. That's how hackers hit my PC and stole my contacts list. They tried to email all on my list saying I was asking for an Amazon card. Bummer. Phone calls where they say something is wrong and it isn't, is a hacker/scam. I'd report them to the police. Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

I did report it to the police this evening an a police officer came in and discussed it with me. She said she would open a case on it now that I had reported it.

Galla Creek said...

Life used to be more simple.