Sunday, July 3, 2022

Sunday and Church and A Cookout Afterward

I slept fitfully last night....it happens. I finally got up shortly before 5:00AM and made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for church. I am having my breakfast here in the den now.

After church we will have a cookout at John and Leslie's home. I don't know whether I will put my swim suit on and get into their pool or not. I did find the swim suit and tried it on and it still fits although I can't say I look particularly good in it at my age.:) But that's not all that important anymore.

John does very good at cooking out on the grill and everything he cooks is always great! He really has a gift for it. 

I don't know who is up to speak at church. It wasn't on the schedule the last week or the week before...maybe Leslie.

It's almost 6:00AM now so I will go turn on the TV for the weather and check out the cats too.

So, more later...

Both cats came for their breakfast but Scruff ate more then Blondie. Blondie probably ate his breakfast at home. I left the food out there for awhile. Scruff keeps coming back for more. She must be very hungry this morning.

I finally caught "the weather on the 8's" too.

Today's forecast calls for 93 degrees and partly cloudy with a 10% chance for rain. Tomorrow is to be 99 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 101 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 102 degrees and sunny, Thursday 103 degrees and sunny, Friday 104 degrees and sunny and Saturday 100 degrees and mostly sunny. Friday will be the hottest day this week at 104 degrees. Wow!

More later... 

It is 7:50AM now and I have been watching the news on TV. I won't leave for church until 9:45AM.I want to get there in time to do a little cleaning.There are usually a few bugs that manage to climb under the door and die in the foyer. I usually get a wet paper towel and clean them up. And sweep off the front walk too..

So more later....

I went on to church at 9:15AM and it's probably a good thing I did. I just got the sweeping done and cleaned up the bathrooms when a guest came. He was a man from China who had been in the USA for two years. He wanted to come to the services and I told him we were just having the 11:00 AM worship services because of the pandemic. He wanted to use the bathroom too and I told him that was fine. His name was Gang Chen.When he came out he mentioned we had showers in the bathroom and I told him about the use of them during the 2007 flood in Coffeyville when all the folks staying at the Assembly of God church used them. He offered to pay me to use the shower and I told him that would not be necessary. I asked him if he had towels,etc and he told me he did. He showered and then stayed for the worship service. I invited him to come to John and Leslie's for the cookout and he accepted. He and Phyllis followed me out there by way of the airport and we had a nice visit. John showed him his paintings and then John cooked our lunch. Jeromy and the girls came for dinner too. It was a nice lunch. And, as always, the homemade ice cream was scrumptious!

Josh came to mow and I encouraged his girlfriend to come in where it is cool but so far she hasn't done it. He is doing the back yard now.

He finished the back yard and it looks nice. He emptied the mower bag. After it cools down a bit this evening I will trim it. 

He is working on the west side yard now. I took him out some cold water. He was glad to have it. He was plenty hot!

More later...

Josh is doing the front yard now. He is really fast....youth, it is marvelous! 

I was going to trim after it cooled down a bit but it really didn't do that until 9:00PM or so and by then I had taken my bath, put my pajamas on and my robe and read awhile. Now I am going to go on to bed. It's 9:25PM. The kids are still shooting off their fireworks and tomorrow will be the same. 

I will be so glad when the 4th is over. This community has no guidelines for fireworks.They are allowed to shoot them off for a solid week as late as they want to...regardless of anyone's need to sleep. I checked with the city a couple of days ago and that's what they told me. What nonsense!!!

No comments: