Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Tuesday and No Particular Plan

I slept poorly most of the night last night. Between all the noise from the firecrackers and just plain insomnia it was just a poor night's sleep. I took Melatonin when I went to bed and then again in the middle of the night and finally got to sleep. I don't know how I will manage at camp next week. I will certainly have to take my Melatonin....especially away from home.

Both cats were out there for breakfast this morning but they ate quickly and left. I brought the food back in the kitchen. They may come back for more. I also put out some fresh water.

I will go check the weather forecast now and get back to this later. I have finished my breakfast and put the bowl and juice glass in the sink.

More later....

I did manage to catch the weather forecast for the next week.Today will be 101 degrees and sunny, Wednesday will be 102 degrees and sunny, Thursday will be 104 degrees and mostly sunny, Friday is forecast for 99 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday will be 95 degrees and sunny, Sunday will be 98 degrees and sunny and Monday will be 102 degrees and partly cloudy....pretty hot..that's for sure.

I think we register at camp on Saturday. I will need to check with Leslie about the time the camp opens.

I heard from Leslie that the camp opens at 3:00PM. I won't have to rush around to get there early.

I have watered my flowers this morning. They will probably die next week while I am gone. It's supposed to be very hot and dry. The cats will be dependent on birds for food next week too. No one else feeds them except possibly Blondie's owners might feed him.

I hope I have the stamina to make it through the week.  I need to make a list of things I need to take.

I got my "take to camp" list made and then went out and trimmed the hedge in front. The yard will not get mowed next week since I will be gone all week. It will really need it before I get back home on the 15th. 

I heard from Josh and he agreed to my mowing plan. So he will mow the morning of Saturday the 9th and the afternoon/evening of the 17th.

It's 10:53AM now and I think I will go down to Copan Restaurant for lunch. Their small chef salad sounds good.

More later...

I put a sympathy card in the mail for Billie Jo Campbell from the congregation after I heard from her that her sister had died yesterday. That's so sad. 

Then I went down to Copan Restaurant and had their small chef salad. It's always very tasty and has a lot of "stuff" in it. I had it with ice tea.

The price of stamps went up over the weekend. I knew that was coming I just didn't know when. 

It's 2:16PM now. I will go back to my book for awhile.

It's almost 4:00PM now and I have been reading since a little after 2:20PM.

More Later....

It's 7:00PM now and I just had my bath and put my pajamas and robe on. I will read for a couple of hours and plan to go to bed at 9:00PM. Hopefully I will sleep better tonight when there is no fireworks to keep me awake. I will still take a couple of Melatonin tablets.


No comments: