Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I had another terrible night's sleep. I was awake at 2:00AM and even though I took more Melatonin, I could not get back to sleep. I just tossed and turned all night from then on. Finally, at 5:00AM I just got up and dressed and got ready for the day. I don't think I am up to the camping experience either. If something doesn't change in the next few days, I will just stay home. I have to get up in the night too often anyhow. I might just go over for a day and then come back home.  That's what Bob Avery did after Phyllis died.

More Later.... It's 6:17AM now. I have just finished my breakfast.

Both cats came for their breakfast too. I fed them and then put the food away.

I watched "the weather on the 8's" and it's going to be very hot this week. Today has been forecast at 104 degrees and sunny, Thursday too...104 degrees and mostly sunny,  Friday will be 96 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday 83 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday will be 98 degrees and sunny, Monday will be 104 and mostly sunny, Tuesday will be 96 degrees and isolated thunderstorms. That's it for the next week. Not pleasant...that's for sure.

It's 7:00AM now..so more later...I left for Coffeyville at 7:45AM and Toni got me in a little earlier then usual. Her 8:30AM appointment had not come yet so I got in thirty minutes earlier then usual. If I am still here next Wednesday she will take me at 8:00AM for my color and cut. I still haven't decided for sure if I will go to reunion for the week.

I did stop by the board of health and got my second booster shot.

I also stopped by Shelter Insurance and gave her a check for my car insurance and rental insurance premium. I told her not to deposit the check until next Wednesday when my social security comes in. She made a note of that. It's not due until the 17th and the social security comes in on the 13th. 

I also dropped by the bank and ordered some more checks. I am down to the last one. I didn't realize that until I wrote that one for the insurance. I had the bank make me up five counter checks to tide me over.

I usually use my debit card instead of writing checks. 

I think I will just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for my lunch. It's almost noon now.

You can hardly beat a peanut and jelly sandwich when you can't think of anything else to eat..lots of protein. ..especially with a glass of milk.

I went up to Independence about 4:00PM to get a blizzard at Dairy Queen and dropped by John and Leslie's to see if she wanted to go get one too but it looked like the place was deserted. I figured she might be over to the campgrounds painting cabins. I guess I should have stopped and checked.

It's almost 4:30PM now and I have decided to play it by ear whether  to go to the campgrounds Saturday afternoon. It depends on how well I can sleep the next two days. I will clean the apartment tomorrow. If I can get some decent sleep the next two days I will go. I will pack as soon as Josh finishes the mowing Saturday morning. If I am as dead tired as I have been the last two days, I may just go for a couple of days and nights. I want to come back Tuesday afternoon anyhow and go to my hair appointment on Wednesday morning at 8:00AM. It's time for my color and cut and she has moved my appointment to 8:00AM. After that, I would come back over to the reunion grounds if all goes well and stay until that Saturday it breaks up..

 More even later....

It's 7:32PM now and I have had my bath and am in my pajamas and robe. I will read for an hour and then go on to bed and hope I can get better sleep then last night. The right arm where they gave me my second booster shot is a little sore. I may have to take some Aleve to sleep. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

No comments: