Friday, August 26, 2022

Friday and a Starter

I slept much better last night. I went to bed a little after 8:00PM though. I was very tired. I had cleaned the apartment and worked in the yard and was ready for bed after reading all evening and finishing my library book. It's 5:50AM now and I am dressed and ready for the day.

Sometime today Josh will come get my car and put the new starter in it. I hope that is all it needs. I have had three times in the past three months where I started it but could not get it in gear until I turned it off and started it again. That mystery was never solved unless it was also the starter. 

Wednesday afternoon I was out to Sonic getting my $2.18 child's wacky pack for my lunch and I was going to go home to eat it and I tried several times to start the car but it wouldn't even attempt to start at all. Finally, I called Josh and just as I was talking to him about my dilemma, I tried one more time..and it started! He suggested I come by his shop and have him check it out. I did that and that is when he discovered it was the starter. He ordered a new one yesterday and got it. He plans to put it in today. I will have to pay the bill later.

Always something! I guess I have to expect these things with a 14 year old car. I just no longer have an emergency fund. I have had too many emergencies the past year. First the broken tooth and a crown and then a $350 repair on my hearing aid and then a new bumper for the car after the wreck. That wiped out the emergency fund. I have tried to start to build it back up $100 a month for the past two months but something unexpected always comes up and I have had to transfer it back to my checking account to pay an unexpected bill. 

More later...It's 6:10AM and my breakfast is getting cold. And I had better go check out the cats and see if they are there for their breakfast. 

Sure enough! They were both there for their breakfast.I took their food out to them and they are eating now.  It's still dark out. I just got back in the house and "the weather on the 8'" came on. I grabbed my phone and took the photos of the TV screen.

Today is to be 99 degrees and partly cloudy, Tomorrow is to be 97 degrees and  partly cloudy, Sunday 96 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Monday 92 degrees and scattered thunderstorms Tuesday 93 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday 92 degrees and mostly cloudy, Thursday 91 degrees and partly cloudy.

It's 66 degrees here now at 6:33AM.

I see the cats have eaten and are gone now. So I took their food back in the garage and covered it up.

So more later...

Sherry from Main Street Auto Repair called and asked if it was convenient to pick up my car at this time (9:12AM)I told her that was fine. I was just watching the news. I took the key out to the garage and put it in the ignition. I didn't even try to start it. She asked me if I had tried and I told her "no"..I hadn't even tried. She turned the key and it started just fine that time. So she drove it back to their garage. I don't have a clue what this will cost and I will have to figure out how I will pay for it since I no longer have an emergency fund. I will ask to pay it out in payments. I told Josh on Wednesday that I only had a little less then $25.00 in the bank until the 14th of September. When Esther sends me their deposit tomorrow, I will have to use most of it to pay the rent on the 1st.

That's just the way it is since last year and this spring wiped out my emergency fund.

More later.....

Josh brought my car back to me fixed. New starter to the tune of $410.72.  I told him I would pay him $100 a month for four months and he said that would be fine. He said "It's a good thing I have known you for a long time" :) It will take me four months to pay him off but I am so glad I knew someone  who would let me do that. Josh has been a good friend over the years.

When he worked for Cox when I lived in Coffeyville, at the fourplex, he came to fix my old television one time and when he left, he gave me his cellphone number and said, "next time don't call Cox..just call me at this number". I never did that though..but I knew I could. 

Scott bought me a nice large new TV and a nice stand to set it on when he got out of the army.  Keith set me up an antenna but I could only get three channels since trees were in the way of the signal and the wind often moved it . He also gave me a Tivo, so I could record TV. I use that all the time. I can eliminate commercials that way. When I moved to Caney, I signed up for Cox again. I also signed up for Cox Complete Care. For $9.95 a month they will fix my TV or my computers anytime and there is no extra charge. 

At the fourplex, in Coffeyville, which was near a creek, we had foxes stroll by almost every day. Momma fox and four or five baby foxes. Josh lived in the country so he set little cages  and caught those foxes and took them out to his place in the country and set them free. He was afraid they would be hit by a car in town or someone would be afraid of them and kill them.

More later.... It's 11:59AM now and I need a lunch.I will make myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

And a peanut butter and jelly sandwich is what I had for lunch. It's always good and peanut butter has lots of protein. 

More even later ...

I went out to Sonic and bought a Reese's Blast like a couple of days ago. I really wanted a Butter Pecan flurry but that drive in still has not received their new vanilla ice cream machine. So I went to Sonic instead and got a small Reese's Blast...the next best thing. Then I noticed my radio and clock were not working. They had disconnected the battery from the starter and that lost the code you have to put in to use the radio and clock. I searched through all the books in the glove box but could not find the radio and clock code. Finally I went up to the garage and finally had to get Sherry, Josh's sister, to come help us find the correct booklet with the codes and I put them in and had radio again and then I set the clock too.

It's 6:40PM and I just took my bath. I will read until my bedtime somewhere around 9:00PM. I am back to reading my Kindle again. I finished the library book.

More later...

9 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Be sure you have your foot on the brake when putting your car in gear. If you forget hold your foot on the brake, it will not go in gear. My car is a Toyota too. It will not start if I don’t depress the brake. Sometimes I forget and wonder what’s wrong and that’s all it is.

Margie's Musings said...

Mine is a Honda. They don't need the brake to be held down to start

Debbie V. said...

I like that it is cooler at night and mornings here as well.

Margie's Musings said...

I am glad for little cooler weather too, Debbie!

Galla Creek said...

Hondas are good cars. My daughter Erin has a Honda. This is her second one. My brain recalled it’s your daughter that has a Toyota.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true, It's 2011 Toyota Rav 4 She has kept it all this time. I love my little Honda though. It has been a great little car. I wash it every week in Bartlesville at Mr. Kleen. It's great car wash and for a total of $6.00, you also use a great vacuum to vacuum it out. Every fall, I clean the carpets too... here in my garage.

Galla Creek said...

That Josh is a good guy.

Kay said...

Good luck with your car, Margie. Have a wonderful weekend.

Barb said...

Okay I'm gonna have to try that for lunch. I usually get a single hot dog and a diet cherry limeade but variety is the spice of life and all that.