Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tuesday and A Restless Night

It was another of those restless nights. I must have woke up three or four times in the night and always got back to sleep until 4:00AM when I just couldn't sleep....so I got up, dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I don't have a specific plan for today. I will probably just read and also water the flowers and feed the cats....nothing new. I will need to get some milk today at the market.

Tomorrow I will get my hair done. Outside of that, I have no plan for the rest of the week. I bought gas yesterday at Dewey where it was cheaper. It was $3.43 a gallon yesterday at Miller Brothers in Dewey.

More later...

I haven't seen the cats yet this morning. It's 6:22AM and usually they are here wanting breakfast by now.

I did finally catch "the weather on the 8's".

Today is to be 94 degrees and mostly sunny,Tomorrow (Wednesday)  is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny,Thursday is forecast for 97 degrees and mostly sunny and Friday is forecast for 98 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday 95 degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday 94 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,and Monday 91 degrees and scattered thunderstorms .

Well, finally Blondie came for his breakfast and it's 7:36AM but so far I have seen no sign of Scruff. It looks like Blondie has finished his breakfast and left so I will bring the cat food into the kitchen and wait to see if Scruff will eventually come for her breakfast.

More later... 

I have been watching the CBS morning news. They have some new people on it today and I can enjoy watching it today. It is 8:02AM now.

I read until about10:30AM and then I stopped and trimmed on the yard. I didn't have it mowed this week because it hasn't grown enough to be mowed. I did start trimming it but then I ran out of trimmer cord and had to load another one in the trimmer. I trimmed a little bit more but then the battery ran down so I loaded the battery into it's charger and plugged it in and then went out and swept off what trimming I did get done. It's too hot to finish trimming when it finishes charging. It's 82 degrees now and getting hotter.  I will finish the trimming this evening after it cools down a bit. Basically it's the back yard  and along the west side next to the house I didn't get finished before the battery went down.

I may try to mow the back yard this evening after it cools down a bit. It's fairly small and easy. I may even be able to do the front then too. But the west side is just too much for me. It's too big.

I need to come up with something for my lunch. It's 11:17AM

Good! I had two "Smart Ones" frozen meals and I will have one of those for my lunch.

I had the frozen lunch and it was alright but only something to put in my stomach. Nothing to write home about. At least I am no longer empty.

I have been trying to read this afternoon but I can't get interested in a book. 

More even later.....

I made up two new directories for the church. We only have one left on the foyer table. I will give them to Karan to sew together when I see her at game day tomorrow.

Karan contacted me to remind me that tomorrow afternoon is "Game Day" at the senior center. I will go. I will take my Kindle with me and read after I get my hair done until time to play the game. If it's hot I will go to the library. I have a used cartridge of printer ink to donate to them anyhow. They donate them to a company that cleans them and refills them. 

I never did see Scruff today. I hope she is alright. Only Blondie came for breakfast today. And then he came back between lunch and supper and ate some more.

I had a Nestle Blast out at Sonic and then came home and mowed the front yard. I could barely manage it and I am exhausted. It's amazing how much things change in just one year. I will mow the back tomorrow evening. It's much smaller. The west side will have to wait for Krystal. I can't manage it... .I am sure.

I did finish trimming earlier too after the trimmer battery was fully charged.

More later..after a warm bath.

It's amazing what a nice bath will do! I feel like a new person now. It's 6:06PM and I will read until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed. I'll bet I sleep well tonight!

No comments: