Sunday, August 21, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept through the night without waking up once! I was up at my usual 5:00AM but I had had uninterrupted sleep for the first time in ages. I am really well rested!  I made my bed and got myself ready for church. And it's 6:00AM and I am just now having my breakfast.

I have yet to check "the weather on the 8''s" and the cats. I will finish my breakfast first.

I am speaking today at church and I should be refreshed since I had such a good night's sleep. However, I really am not wild about today's scripture theme. I am usually not too inspired by the Old Testament, so time will tell. The theme is from Jeremiah and it's "Listen for the Prophetic Call". I struggled with it. I prefer the New Testament.

Afterward, if Phyllis is there this morning, we will go over the Cherryvale to "Just Us" for lunch. We really like their buffet. 

This evening Stephen intends to come over and try to straighten that portion of the fence in the backyard that is leaning a little. The ground around it is cracked and dry and termites or some kind of bugs have been in it at ground level. Then we had a bad wind one evening last week and that seemed to be what weakened it even further.

More later.... 

Both cats were out there for their breakfast and so I took it out and they ate their fill and left.

Then the weather forecast came on and I checked it out. Today is to be 91 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 93 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 94 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 95 degrees and sunny, Thursday 97 degrees and sunny, Friday 96 degrees and mostly sunny and Saturday 96 degrees and partly cloudy. No rain in that forecast!

It's 7:00AM now. I plan to leave for church about 9:30AM. I like to get there a little early, about 10:00AM, to clean up any bugs that might have crawled under the front door. And I want to turn on the PA system and check out the bulletins.

So More Later... I need to get that cat food back in the garage before the ants find it. 

I got that cat food put away and covered. Then I watched the news for awhile and finally took up my book again and read for awhile. It was 9:30AM when I left for church. 

When I got there I did some cleaning of the bugs that had crawled under the door and also swept off the door mats.

When everyone showed up, we began.   I spoke and it went well. I guess going over the material several times helped after all. Anyhow most of the people seemed happy with the sermon.

Then Phyllis and I went over to Just Us and had lunch. We called ahead for a reservation. It's a good thing we did because they were swamped but Kay had saved us a table. As usual we had a good lunch and after we paid for it, I took Phyllis back to the church to get her car and I came on home.

Now I will work on my September 4th sermon.

It's 2:23PM so I guess I have plenty of time. First I will do the letters for those that did not come today and put a copy of the bulletin in the letter too and get them out on the mailbox to be picked up tomorrow by the mailman.

So, more later...

I worked on the theme for my September 4th service this afternoon and after that I trimmed my hedge. It's 5:05PM now and my Kindle is being charged again so I can't read yet. In a little while I will try to download the Mission Center's Zoom service on the desktop computer.

Stephen texted me this evening to tell me he would not be coming this evening after all. He has a few things to do for his wife's mother and that's needed a lot more  then doing something for that fence.It doesn't look a bit worse and if we don't get another bad wind storm it will probably be just fine.

I watched the Mission Center service. They did a very good job of covering our Back to School party at Crossroads.

It's 7:20PM now and I just took my bath. I will read until bedtime at 9:00PM.

 

 


No comments: