Saturday, August 27, 2022

Saturday and Dusting

I had another restless night and was up way too early again. I have no idea what was on my mind that would not let me rest except my budget. I finally got up and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will need to go to the market today. I have a list of stuff I am out of...much of which our market here doesn't carry. I did get my water here yesterday. I also have this library book I can return to their library if I go to Coffeyville to the Walmart store there. 

I will also need to text the congregation that the First Christian Church in Independence starts their dinners on Tuesday evening September 13th again  and those who intend to participate should bring their three dozen store bought cookies to church on the 11th of September so I can pick them up there on that Sunday and take them to the church there in Independence on Tuesday the 13th. We have lost Bob Avery, who always participated when they were using cakes, so hopefully someone else will take up the slack with the cookies. Karan has already given me hers and I have mine. Mike will undoubtedly participate again too. He and Laura were very faithful in the past. But we will need at least one more person bringing three dozen cookies for them to have enough to serve a minimum of 55 people. That's what they had when they began earlier this past winter. Initially, before the pandemic, they served over 200. So they may have more then 55 this time they resume serving their supper.

I will go check "the weather on the 8's" now and soon also the cat situation. It's a little early for the cats now. It's only 5:20AM.

So More Later....

I caught "the weather on the 8's" at 5:48AM

Today is to be 98 degrees and mostly sunny, Tomorrow is to be 93 degrees and isolated thunderstorms, Monday 97 degrees and partly cloudy, Tuesday 97 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday 96 degrees mostly sunny, Thursday 95 degrees and partly cloudy, and Friday 94 degrees and partly cloudy. They took most of the rain out of the forecast since yesterday. It was supposed to have be en Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.  Now it's just Sunday.

Weather forecasts sure seem to be less then scientific. 

It's  6:00AM now and I will check on the cats.

No cats yet...

It's 6:45AM and both cats were out there looking for me to open the door and see that they are waiting for their breakfast. So I took the cat food out there for them and they are eating now.

They finished eating and I put that cat food back in the garage and covered it again.

It's 6:46AM now. 

It's 8:18AM now and I have been watching the CBS weekend news. In a little while I plan to go over to Coffeyville and get my groceries and take back the library book I finished reading.

More even later......

I went to Coffeyville and to the library and took the book back and then went out to Walmart there and bought my groceries. I stopped at the bank after that and withdrew $50.00 for the week.Then I came back home and read this afternoon. Esther had made her deposit a little early. Thank goodness.

More later....

I had been reading until my Kindle needed charging again.  I have charged it now and will read some more on my latest book I downloaded on the Kindle.

I watched the only program on TV that I enjoy..."Bull". I do have a couple of Sunday morning programs I enjoy too. I record all these programs so I can delete the commercials as I watch them.

I have just had my bath and it is 7:40PM. I will read until my bedtime at around 9:00PM.


 

No comments: