Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Wednesday and Game Day

I slept fairly well last night. I was up once or twice in the night but got right back to sleep. I got up around 5:00AM and made the bed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast right now. 

My hair appointment is at 9:00AM with Toni in Coffeyville and then I will go to the library and read my Kindle until 1:00PM when game day begins at the senior center.

I had set my little solar cat out yesterday during the day so it could soak up some rays and glow last night. I went out this morning and brought it back in. Leslie gave me that as a gift several years ago.I have always enjoyed it. I am a cat person.She also gave me a solar cardinal that does the same thing. I put it in the flower bed in the back yard and it glows every morning.

I will check out the weather report in a little while and also the cats. They did come back last evening for their supper. I don't know whether they will be out there again this morning or not. I will be leaving for Coffeyville at 8:30AM this morning. It's almost 6:00AM now.

I checked the weather report on TV and today is forecast for 95 degrees and mostly sunny. Tomorrow is to be 98 degrees and sunny, Friday will be 99 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday 97 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 93 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,Monday 94 degrees and scattered thunderstorms and Tuesday 93 degrees and scattered thunderstorms. Looks like three days of rain forecast.It will be interesting to see how much of that actually develops.  

I will go check out the cats now.

Blondie was the only cat that was out there for breakfast and he didn't eat much. He must have eaten at home earlier. Scruff didn't show up..at least not yet. 

More even later 

I left for my hair appointment at 8:30AM and got to my appointment at 9:00AM and  she got me right in and got my hair washed and done. I read at the library until time to go to the senior center to play Skipbo. We had a good time and a good visit. We played until3:00PM and then we had our treats and I came back home.

I was going to mow the back yard this evening but it's so far it's still 92 degrees so I will wait until later to try to mow. The front looks so much better that I would like to do the back too if it cools down enough for me to do that. The west side will just have to wait because I am quite sure I can't handle that too. It's too much larger. And it's way too hot to try.

More later...I am going to go out to Sonic and get their Child's Wacky Pack for $2.18. It's Wednesday and they offer that every Wednesday. That's two large chicken strips, some tater tots or french fries and a small drink You can't beat a deal like that. It includes a small toy and I save those for our Back to School Night prizes at church.

More much later... 

As if I didn't have enough to be concerned about, I went out to Sonic to get my $2.18 Wacky Pack and when I got my order and was going to come home to eat it, I couldn't get my car to start. It wouldn't even try. I tried it several times but no response at all. Keith bought me a new battery over the Memorial Day weekend so I knew it couldn't be my battery. So I called Josh Elliott  and told him what it was doing and as I was talking to him, I tried it again and it started. He suggested I come by his garage and let him check it out. I thought that was a great idea so while it was still running I went right over there. He checked the battery anyhow just to be sure and it checked out fine. Then he checked the starter and sure enough, the starter is the culprit. Josh is going to order me a new starter and put it in and let me pay the bill when I get my social security on the 14th of September. The car is 14 years old and I have to expect some of these things, I guess. I just hope I can just pay it out, as I can, on a regular basis.

Josh thinks the new starter will be here either tomorrow or Friday. Whenever it comes in, they will come pick up the car.  

I am still paying for my tires and will be for another 6 months at $57.90 per month.... at no interest though... if I can just get them paid off in 6 months. I have made two payments already on those tires.

I was planning to mow the back yard this evening if and when it cools down. I hope it does cool down. I know I can't do the west side but it doesn't look as bad as the front and the back does...or did.The front looks pretty good now that it's mowed and trimmed.

More later

I waited until almost 7:00PM to mow the back yard and it wasn't half bad. It looks much better now. The west side is not a big problem because it hasn't grown as much. I can probably get Krystal to mow it if it needs it before the  front and the back.

It's almost 7:00PM now and I will take my bath. I am pretty sweaty just from the effort. But the back yard is in the shade and that helped a lot.

I called Leslie to check on her eye lid surgery. It went well she said. It will be a week before they can take the stitches out. I know she has wanted this done for a long time. I had it done first in Wichita but the doctor that did it did a bad job of it. Later, I had a doctor in Joplin do it and he did it right.

I will get back to this later...after the bath and I get my pajamas on and my robe.

More Later...after I read awhile.

 

 

2 comments:

Debbie V. said...

Hoping your car situation turns out the best possible way. Care trouble is the pits. My car is a 2011 but only has about 50,000 miles on it. I'm hoping to keep it running another 10 years.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand, Debbie. I have been lucky so far with this 2008 Honda Civic. But things are beginning to go wrong with it now. And I really don't have the money to deal with it.