Thursday, August 25, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

This was another of those sleepless nights. I am so concerned about the cost for the new starter for the car and the labor to install it. And this is one of those months when I don't get my social security until the 14th of the month of September.  I told Josh that and he said I could pay him when I got the social security.

I slept pretty well until about 2:00AM because of the exertion of the mowing and then I got up to go take my meds and then could not get back to sleep. It's 3:30AM now. I don't know if I took some melatonin if I could get back to sleep but I suppose it is worth a try.

So more later... 

I went back to bed but I was never able to get back to sleep even after taking two Melatonin tablets. So, at 5:18AM, I just got up. I have way too much on my mind to sleep.

I will fix myself some breakfast and maybe I can relax after eating. I will read awhile this morning too before I begin my cleaning. That may help me get my mind off of what is troubling me. It's 5:36AM now.

I have had my breakfast now but, of course, nothing has changed. Maybe reading will help. I will check the weather and then later, the cats.

I looked for the cats but they were not out there yet. But I did catch "the weather on the 8's". It has changed a bit.

Today is to be 98 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 99 and mostly sunny, Saturday 97 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 92 degrees and PM thunderstorms, Monday 91 degrees and scattered thunderstorms,Tuesday 92 degrees and AM thunderstorms, Wednesday is to be 91 degrees and AM thunderstorms. So, four days of thunderstorms.It will be interesting to see how much of the rain actually develops. I am skeptical.

Still no cats...I wonder where they are this morning? It's 6:57AM now.

It's 7:02AM and both cats finally came for their breakfast. They are eating now. I will go watch the CBS news.

It's 8:00AM now and I have finished all the mopping and vacuumed the bedroom, hall and den.

I will rest a while and then vacuum the living room and dining room.

More Later...

I got the living room vacuumed and will rest awhile before I do the dining room. I got all the dining room chairs pulled into the kitchen and living room. So I will vacuum that last room in a little bit.

I will dust and polish the furniture tomorrow.

More Even Later... 

I just had a woman call me from Cox...supposedly. She had a very thick Mexican accent and tried to tell me I had trouble with my modem.  I did not believe she was from Cox and so I hung up and called my Cox Complete Care. They confirmed that it was a scam.

Always something!!

I read all afternoon and nearly finished by book that I checked out at the library yesterday.

I called Josh to find out if he got my starter and he had received it. They will come get the car tomorrow and put the starter in. I'm glad because I will have transportation for church on Sunday. I will be here all day tomorrow and they will come get it.

I went out in the back yard and cleaned up the few leaves that had fallen from my south neighbor's tree and then I watered my back flowerbed. I watered the front one with a couple of pitchers of water.

It's 6:47PM and I just took my bath. I am hoping this will be a better night's sleep tonight. I will read some more until bedtime. Then I will go to bed sometime between 9:00PM and 10:00PM.


 

 



 

1 comment:

Debbie V. said...

I wish you luck with getting your starter and getting it paid.
Do you have a Plan B if the car dies?
I think about these things. Like if my husband dies first, how will I get by on my Social Security alone? Will I be able to keep my house? ETc Etc. I totally understand how things get on your mind. I also get out of bed and it always feels better during the day.
Hoping you get some rain.