Monday, August 22, 2022

Monday and Laundry

I slept well again last night. Of course, it helped that I visited with Keith and Esther quite a long time on the phone. They are always so helpful.

I was up at a little before 5:00AM and stripped my bed and changed the sheets and also am washing the towels from the bathroom. Everything is in the dryer now.

I fixed my breakfast and as usual am eating it here in the den while I do my blog.

After I get that finished and everything dried and put away, I will go down to Bartlesville to see Nancy and take her for a ride to get her out of the assisted living for awhile.  I usually leave here about 10:00AM. When I get there I always have to get her out of bed and encourage her to get dressed. Nancy sleeps to escape her life. She has done that for several years. When she was living in her own home, I always had to ring the doorbell to wake her up no matter what time I went over here...morning or afternoon. 

Of course, if I had only one son and he came to see me once a year for a week and never called in between just to chat, I would be depressed too. 

I hear from my boys fairly regularly and I see Leslie at church every Sunday. From time to time she asks me to go to Bartlesville with her and she is taking me to Independence, Missouri for the 50th anniversary of the John Whitmer Historical Association in September. I have belonged to that history organization for 35 years. I didn't think I would get to attend that 50th anniversary celebration but she registered me and then told me she had done that and that we were going. It will be held in our Temple there in Independence, Missouri.

She always takes me with her to our Mission Center Conferences in Springfield, Missouri, too. That is October 1st and 2nd. I assume we will also get to attend World Conference next April. They always take their camper up there for us to stay in for the week of Conference. We have missed having a World Conference since the pandemic.

I have finished my breakfast now and will go check on the weather forecast and the cats. It is 6:05AM. 

I checked on the cats and they were not there...at least not yet. It is 6:25AM now and they are late. 

I got the laundry dried and folded and put away for another week.

It's 6:44AM  and still no cats. I hope  they are alright.It's unusual for them to be this late...especially for their breakfast.

 More even later...

It's almost 7:00AM and the cats finally came for their breakfast. I took their food out for them and they are eating now.

The weather also came at the same time and I took a photo of that.

Today is to be 92 degrees and partly cloudy,  Tuesday is to be 93 degrees mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 99 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 97 degrees and mostly sunny, and Saturday is to be 97degrees and partly cloudy and Sunday is to be 92 degrees and scattered thunderstorms.  

One day of rain forecast. Otherwise, in the 90's all week.

I see the cats are finished eating and gone. I should get that cat food back in the house or garage and cover it before the ants find it.

More Later....

I left about 10:00AM to go visit Nancy. I stopped Miller Brothers in Dewey to buy gas. It was $3.43 there and they filled up my tank for me. 

Then I went to the Mr. Klean car wash and washed my dirty car and vacuumed it out. Then I went on to Nancy's and sat out on their patio and visited with two other ladies and Nancy. 

Then we went to the Bartlesville Eggbert's and had lunch. Then I took her for a drive downtown. Then we went back to the assisted Living and learned that her son, David, had been there to see her. She didn't even know he was coming. They told him I had taken her to lunch. He said he would come back later. I came on back home. What a crock! He must think he doesn't even have to tell her he's coming! She will just be waiting with bated breath for whenever he can work his mother into his schedule.

I read all afternoon and finished my latest book. It is 5:45PM now. I am watching the CBS evening news.

At 7:00PM, I will take my bath. 

More even later.... 

It's 8:07PM now and it's too early to go to bed.

2 comments:

Debbie V. said...

How did you and Nancy become friends?

Margie's Musings said...

Her parents owned a high end furniture store selling top of the line furniture. I worked for them a couple of years, managing their gift shop. She was a retired teacher who sold furniture there. We stayed in touch after I moved to Coffeyville and went to work as a sales person on a huge signal radio station.