Friday, September 23, 2022

Friday and Apartment Cleaning

I was up fairly early as usual but generally I slept well. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will clean the apartment this morning since I mowed yesterday and didn't get it done yesterday. 

At 6:00AM or so, I will turn on the TV and try to catch the weather forecast. They were certainly wrong yesterday. It only sprinkled and didn't really rain at all but I did get the yard mowed. There was no rain in the forecast for the rest of the week unless it changes today. We are desperate here for rain and are rationing it in Caney. No kind of watering at all...not even flowerbeds...definitely no watering of lawns.

I will get my breakfast going now...and my coffee. 

It's 6:03AM now.  The cats may be out front at 6:30AM and I plan to take my walk at 7:00AM as soon as it gets light out.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" right away. Today is to be 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday 86 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 82 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 84 degrees and sunny, Wednesday 80 degrees and mostly sunny and Thursday 78 degrees and mostly sunny. That's it for the week. Less heat but no rain in the forecast.

More Later ...  No cats yet. It's still dark out there though. 

No cats yet and it's 7:05AM.and time for my walk. So, more later...   

When I got back from my walk at 7:35AM the cats were waiting for me to come feed them. They have eaten their fill now and have left. Scruff may be waiting under the hedge for me to come to take the food back in the garage to come to eat more. She does that lot of the time.

I trimmed the hedge and cleaned that up when I got back from my walk.

It's 7:45AM now

I got the mopping done and will now start the vacuuming. 

I got both the mopping and the vacuuming done. All I have to do now is dust. I will wait awhile and rest up before I do that.

So more even later...

I just had a TV dinner for my lunch so I thought I would go down the Mr. G's and blow myself to a small butter pecan flurry. Mrs. G came to the window and said she knew exactly what I wanted..."a small butter pecan flurry". She was right. She knew exactly what I always order. She brought it to me and said "This ones on me!"  And sure enough...she just gave it to me.Talk about nice! I thanked her warmly and brought it home and ate it.

I finished my latest book and watched the evening CBS news. It's almost 7:00PM now and I will take my bath and get ready for bed. I will start another book and read until 9:00PM when I will go to bed.

2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Careful! Don't trim the cat hiding under the hedge with your trimming the hedge! Linda in Kansas

Kay said...

Have a wonderful weekend, Margie. I wish I could get as good a rest as you have.