Thursday, September 22, 2022

Thursday and Mowing

I slept well last night and only woke up one time. I took my meds and went back to sleep. I got up about 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself dressed for the day. I am having my breakfast here in the den now.

In a little while I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's" and see if anything has changed.Then after it gets light, I will check to see if the cats are out there for their breakfasts.

At 7:00AM when it gets light, I will take my eight block walk. When I get back from that I will start my mopping of the floors and get ready to vacuum the apartment.

I believe today is the first day of fall. I will sure welcome fall...although I imagine it will be a while before it cools down..fall or no fall.

More Later.. 

I read the "My Story"on my computer. It is a story of our family's life that I wrote years ago.I wanted to find the name of my great great grandmother who was a full blood Cherokee Indian. I wanted to find her first name. It was "Mary" Fly. I found her in the Cherokee register book I found at Woolaroc. I had her last name but didn't know her first name. There was only one Fly in the register and that was a Mary Fly..so that was her. 

Both cats came for their breakfast. First it was Blondie and then when I took the food out, Scruff came too. They have eaten and left now. 

I will take my walk as soon as the weather comes on. It is 7:06AM now but I haven't seen the weather yet. I went out to take in the cat food but Scruff came back for more first. So I left it out for awhile.

More later... 

I finally saw the weather:

Today rain is forecast!! Friday 88 degrees and partly cloudy, Saturday is to be 95 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday 86 degrees and sunny, Monday is to be 84 degrees and sunny, Tuesday's forecast is 86 degrees and  sunny, Wednesday is to be 83 degrees and sunny.

Looks like a cooler week and even rain today. I will take my umbrella on my walk...just in case.

I took my eight block walk today. It was chilly so I wore my sweater. Amazing!

I  would like to mow the front yard while it's cool! I will check and see if I have enough gas to do that.

It's 8:47AM now and I just mowed the front and west side of my yard. I liked to never got the yard bag in the dumpster. I finally turned the dumpster on it's side and pushed the bag in and then lifted the dumpster back on it's wheels. It must have weighed a ton...but I got it done. If I have enough gas, I will do the back this evening. It's amazing what an old person can do with enough determination. :) (and cooler weather)

I will rest up a bit before I start my mopping.

We are expecting rain today but it hasn't happened yet. I think I will check the gas situation and get the back yard mowed right away. I can clean tomorrow if I get too tired today. 

More even later....

I got the back yard mowed and it began to sprinkle as I was finishing it up. At least it's all done now.  If it really begins to rain now, I will have had it all done. Thank goodness! It's been two weeks since it was done. If it really rains that will be good for it and the flowers too.

I looked out front after I swept my small patio and Blondie was there next to the front door  wanting to eat again. I got his food out of the garage and put it next to the front door out of the rain. He is eating again now. 

At his point it's just barely raining so I am so glad I got all the yard mowed before it started. 

Leslie, my daughter, sent those of us who preach, (and she is one of our pastors), the October schedule. I have been working on the October 16th service this afternoon.

My grandson, Jerod, has put together a group text and several of us have been texting later this afternoon. Scott, Ruby, Jerod, Ashley, and Taresa have been in touch. Ginger is in the hospital having surgery today. She is through it now. It was successful!

It  is 6:42PM and I am going to take my bath and put my pajamas on and read until bedtime. 

I finished the book I took out at the library on Wednesday.I will return it next time I am in Coffeyville.

It's after 9:00PM now so I plan to go to bed. I will clean the apartment tomorrow.


2 comments:

Kay said...

It must have been so interesting to discover your ancestor was a full blooded Cherokee.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it was and she was also a part of the trail of tears. They walked all the way from Florida to Indian Territory. Thousands died on that trek. The Indians walked and the white men rode horses and rode in wagons.