Tuesday, September 20, 2022

Tuesday and Cookies to Independence

I slept well last night and feel  rested this morning. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will leave about 8:30AM to go over to the church and pick up the cookies to take to the First Christian Church in Independence. I also want to pick up the leftover bulletins to put in the letters I will mail to those that were not at church on Sunday so they will have the announcements and the prayer list.

I am having my breakfast now..here in the den. In a little while I will check to see the "weather on the 8's" and also see if the cats are out by my front door looking for their breakfast. Scruff never did show up yesterday but Blondie did. It is just 5:43AM now though and too early for them. They are usually there at 6:30AM..if they are coming at all.

I will take my walk at 7:00AM...after it gets light.

I caught the weather forecast for the week. Today is to be 101 degrees and sunny, tomorrow is to be 101 degrees too and mostly sunny, Thursday 69 degrees and mostly cloudy, Friday 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday 93 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 87 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday 82 degrees and sunny...again, no rain.

What do you know! Both cats showed up for their breakfast this morning. I guess Scruff decided to try to find breakfast here again. That's good! I was afraid she was having to eat birds to survive. Blondie is gone now. He probably ate at home first and was not as hungry as Scruff. They have both eaten and left now. I will leave the food out there for awhile just in case Scruff is not really finished....just taking a break. She sometimes does that. She will lie under the hedge and when I move out to take the food back to the garage, she comes back to eat some more. She is eating there again now.

It's almost 7:00AM and I will take my walk now. It is getting light out.

I got my walk done and it's 7:24AM now.  I still plan to leave for the church at 8:30AM this morning so I have awhile yet.

I left at 8:30AM for the church and then Independence to deliver the cookies. We were a little short so I stopped at the market there in Independence and bought three more packages. I got a 5% discount on mine because I am a senior citizen. 5% is 5% after all! On Tuesdays they offer that discount for seniors. I may remember that if I am short again.

I got back home at 10:10AM. I put the letters in the mail there in Independence so they will go out today sometime. I see it's 86 degrees here now.

I will get back to the book on my Kindle.

I went out to Dollar General and bought some white out and also got some cash. It costs me a $1.00 to get cash there. It's worth it when I am out of cash until tomorrow when I can stop at the bank in Coffeyville. I get my hair done tomorrow and also go to play Bunco at the senior center there.

It's 4:09PM and I have been reading until the Kindle needed to be charged again. I am not impressed with this book. It's science fiction and I have never liked science fiction. But it's free on the Kindle.

I went out back and picked up a mess of leaves again from my neighbor's tree to the south.

It's 5:01PM now and soon the evening news will be on again. I hope we have heard the last of Queen Elizabeth's funeral.  

More even later... It's 6:27PM and there are half a dozen ambulances and other vehicles with flashing lights over here on State street at the home next door to the house across the street. I don't know what that is all about. A couple of neighbors from down the street east came and stood in my front yard watching all of that.

It's 6:33PM now and I guess I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and my duster. There's really nothing on TV that I am interested in tonight. I did watch the evening news earlier.


No comments: