Monday, September 19, 2022

Monday and a Trip to See Nancy Again

I slept fairly well last night but was up earlier then I wanted to be by one hour. I just can't seem to get that last hour or two of sleep. I hate to have to take something to help...outside of  Melatonin ....that's made naturally by your body anyhow. 

I am doing a load of laundry and it's in the dryer now. I have had my breakfast and it's 6:15AM now.

I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see what to expect for today. I will also check on the cats. They may have given up on me after three days with no one feeding them from here.

I got the clothes out of the dryer and folded them and they are ready to be put away. I will do that later...

I opened the front door but don't see any cats yet. They may have given up on me but I left the front door open and they may see my light and come later. It's 6:33AM now and they usually would see my light and come for their breakfast.  We will see.

I finally caught "the weather on the 8's". Today is to be 100 degrees and  mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 100 degrees too and sunny, Wednesday is also to be 100 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 79 degrees and partly cloudy, Friday is forecast to be 91 degrees and sunny, and Saturday is to 92 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday is to be 86 degrees and AM showers. I hope we get that rain!!

It's light out now. Maybe the cats will see that I am here and come for their breakfast. 

I got my eight block walk done at 7:00AM.When I got home Blondie was waiting for me for his breakfast.I didn't see anything of Scruff though. Maybe she will come later...

I see Blondie has had his fill and is gone. I imagine he ate at his home first. I will leave the food out there for a little bit and see if Scruff comes later.

As I was finishing my walk, I saw Stephen as he was leaving for work and waved. He pulled over and welcomed me back home. 

It's 7:25AM now.  I will go check on the back yard and the west side.

More even later... 

They still don't need mowing. There's not been enough rain for them to grow. I did pick up a sack of leaves in my yard from the tree in the yard of the neighbor to the south. His leaves blow into my back yard just like the leaves from the tree in the south side of the neighbor on the corner north blow into my front yard. When they are all gone, I will rake and bag them. But that will be awhile.

It's 8:38AM now. Too early to go to Nancy's.I will leave about 10:00AM.

I did go to the Caney Market and buy over $40.00 worth of groceries. 

In another thirty minutes I will go to the post office and send off that book to Dean that the Coffeyville Journal wrote. My niece sent me one just like one I already had and since Dean likes any book concerning Coffeyville, I will send him mine.


I went to the Caney post office and sent Dean the book I had and also bought more stamps. Then I went down to visit Nancy. I took her to lunch at Copan Restaurant.We had hamburgers and french fries. We split an order of french fries. She had coffee and I had iced tea. And we had a good visit.

Tomorrow I will go over to the church and pick up the bulletins and the cookies.I will mail off the letters when I go to Independence to deliver the cookies to the First Christian church for their Tuesday evening dinner and then come on back home. 

Then I balanced my checkbook. 

Suzanne brought me a couple of sacks of newspapers to read and then give to Karan to take to the Coffeyville dog shelter. I read them this afternoon and then put them in the car. When I go to Coffeyville for my hair appointment on Wednesday, I will take them by her house and leave them.

Tomorrow I have to remember to drop by our church and pick up those cookies and then take them to the First Christian Church in Independence for a light dessert for their Tuesday evening dinner. I think they serve them with ice cream. I need to pick up the bulletins for last Sunday's service and put them in the letters to those who weren't able to attend on Sunday so they will have the prayer list and the announcements.

It's 5:05PM now and I haven't seen a thing of Scruff all day.  

More later....The CBS evening news should be on at 5:30PM.

I watched the news and and then I read in my Kindle until 7:08PM. I will take my bath now and put my pajamas on and my duster and read some more until my 9:00PM bedtime. 

I found no grass that was tall enough to mow.. It hasn't been growing because there has been no rain. 

After I have my bath, I will put this blog on Keith's site and then read some more until bedtime.

5 comments:

Suemn said...

Margie, do you think your weather will ever get cooler? Just kidding:) I'm looking forward to cooler weather than the 80s that we have scheduled for a couple more days this week.

Margie's Musings said...

I am too, Suemn. I am so tired of hot weather and little rain here.

Kay said...

I'm always in awe of all you get done, Margie. Have a great week.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Kay. I try to be well organized. That helps a lot.

Margie's Musings said...

You and Suemn both have a great week too.!!