Friday, September 9, 2022

Friday and A New Day

I woke up at 4:00AM again to the sound of another spam message coming on my phone. Again, I did not open it and just deleted it. Then when I came into the den to check my e-mail the laptop computer was frozen solid. I had to do a hard reboot and when it came back up, it was unfrozen. This laptop computer is still running Windows 7. It is very old and used to belong to Scott. He gave it to me when he got a better one. Keith worked it over for Bob Avery and when Bob had to give up the internet he gave it back to me and Keith worked it over again and sent it back to me. So I'm not surprised that it's struggling to stay viable. 

It's almost 5:00AM and I had a very good night's sleep. 

I am only up now because of the noise the spam made when it hit my phone. But I am well rested.

I guess I will dress and get ready for the day. 

So More Later...

I made my bed and got myself dressed and ready for the day. The only thing I have to do today is go up the the Caney Museum and give Gina my new debit card number. For some strange reason they still have the one I had stolen on their file.I donate $5.00 a month to their museum and when they went to get it donated for this month, they used the wrong number,,,the one for the old card and I had had that one cancelled. So they notified me about it. I thought Gina had got that one changed to the new one when I gave it to her to use for last month. I guess not. Anyhow, sometime after 9:00AM I will meet her up there and give it to her again. I will ask her to wait until Wednesday to use it.

I am eating my oatmeal now and having my morning coffee....actually cappuccino right now. When Keith and Esther were here over Memorial Day weekend, Esther bought me a variety of pods for my Keurig. When I ran out of the ones I had in my rack, I started using the ones she gave me. That gave me  a great variety. I especially like the cappuccino. And I also use the ones Leslie gives me for Chai.

I have been blowing my nose all morning. This time of year, my allergies just go crazy. I am allergic to Fall. In fact, I am allergic to Spring too.I have a whole set of different allergies for that time of year.

Years ago, when I lived in Bartlesville my mom took me to Oklahoma City to the allergy clinic there and they did the needle thing and discovered what I am allergic to. They sent me the shots for a year but I couldn't see that they did any good so I quit taking them after about a year. I am allergic to milk, house dust, oak tree pollen, Bermuda grass, cigarette smoke (and my mom was a heavy smoker and she continued to smoke all the way back from Oklahoma City) and just about everything in this part of the country. How does anyone stay away from house dust? I do drink almond milk though. That seems to help some.

Anyway, enough about that. More Later.. 

I will go check "the weather on the 8's" forecast and the cat situation.

So far..no weather forecast and no cats either. Of course it's only 6:01AM.

It's 6:10AM now. I am hoping the weather forecast will be next.

It was next. Today's forecast is for 92 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 89 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 89 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 85 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is  to be 90 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 92 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 92 degrees and mostly sunny. Again, no rain in the forecast.

I will check for the cats again now.

No cats yet! More Later... 

Blondie came by himself this morning and I fed him. I didn't see a thing of Scruff. Finally though, after I had taken the food back in the garage and covered it, she came to eat breakfast. So I brought it out again and she ate. After she quit eating I put it back in the garage. I left it in the garage. She is going to have to stay and eat her fill at one time. I am not going to be taking it back and forth. In fact, I closed the front door so she would know she has to eat her fill all at one time just like Blondie does.

I am watching the CBS news now.  Back Later....

I took my half mile walk again this morning. Maybe next time I will walk to the post office and over to the library and then back home. That would be from 8th to 5th and from Spring to State and back. I may do that. That would be 8 blocks.

More later...I need to go water the flowerbeds.

I got the flowerbeds watered and then I noticed it was past time to meet Gina at the museum. So I went up there and she did her best to get my new debit card in the program so my monthly donation would come out automatically. We hope that works.

I got a wonderful surprise in a "thinking of you" card today. I think it was one of my blog readers.

I am going to warm up the half hamburger and french fires I bought out at Eggbert's yesterday. It was way too much for one meal but it gives me a meal for today. It's 11:28 AM now 

The new debit card worked! It took my $5.00 monthly donation to the museum.

It's 6:11PM now and I ate my leftovers from yesterday's dinner for today's supper. 

It's 6:12PM now and at 7:00PM I will take my bath and read until my bedtime at 9:00PM.

1 comment:

DrumMajor said...

For the sake of sleep, consider turning off your phone when you sleep. My neighbors know if a tornado comes, to bang on my bedroom window to wake me (since I'm without my 2 hearing devices when I sleep.) Yep, my smoke detectors really wake me up! Linda in Kansas