Sunday, September 4, 2022

Sunday and Church

I had another good night's sleep last night and was up at the usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and got dressed for church. I also logged onto my bank account on the tiny chance the deposit Keith and Esther sent me would be in there. Of course, it wasn't so it will be Tuesday before their deposit will be there. In the meantime I am just hanging in there with the $20.00 I have in my purse. It's disgusting! They sent that deposit on their noon hour on Friday. I assumed it would be there at the bank Friday evening or on Saturday morning but it wasn't. I paid the rent earlier, but I haven't been able to send off any of my other payments though...the one for my tires and the one for the bill for my new starter and I won't be able to do that until the holiday is over and Tuesday the bank is open again and their deposit comes through. What a mess this has been. The bank was closed on Saturday and of course it will be closed on Monday too.

I watched the Ohio State/Notre Dame football game last night, I thought Ohio State was going to lose for the first three quarters. And they were second in the nation but they just weren't up to their usual  game, Then the last quarter, they got their game together and finally won. It was late when that happened so I went to bed later then usual. But I slept well.

More later..I am going to go make my breakfast and then check on the weather and the cats.

I ate my breakfast and then went in the living room and caught "the weather on the 8's" and the cats. I fed them first and then got back in the house just in time to catch the weather.

Today is to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny, Monday is forecast to be 90 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 91 degrees and mostly sunny, Wednesday is to be 91 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 90 degrees and sunny, Friday 91 degrees and mostly sunny, and Saturday is to be 80 degrees and mostly sunny...no rain next week either...just hot weather and allergies. 

The cats are finished eating now and gone so I will get that cat food back in the garage.

After church, John and Leslie and Karan went to Sam's for fish. I had just had fish on Monday when I had Nancy with me in Bartlesville so Phyllis and I went to "Just Us" in Cherryvale and had a fine buffet lunch with cherry pie with ice cream for dessert.  They had raised their price to $13.00 from $12.00. Kay said the cost of groceries was the reason. I understood that!

More Later...I want to change my clothes and get out of my church clothes. Then I may take my walk..depending on the temperature.  I usually take it early morning before it gets hot. If it's too hot, I will read my book.

I need to get a few groceries but I need to wait until the kids' deposit comes through. I just need my oatmeal and juice and a few cheap frozen meals but again, I need to wait for their deposit. I don't want to accidentally overdraw. I have some frozen waffles I can have for breakfast. I also will need gas soon. For that same reason, I am going to try to wait until Tuesday to go see Nancy too. After my rent check is cashed and today's meal, I will only have $31.21 in the bank and that $20.00 in cash until Tuesday. When that deposit comes through, I want to pay for my starter before I go see Nancy. Then I want to stop by Tate Boys  there in Bartlesville and see if I can pay off my tires to them. I will also drop the envelope with my City of Caney bill for water and trash collection and my check in the drop box at City Hall.

It's 85 degrees out there and pretty sticky. I guess I will wait until evening to take my walk. It's 3:30PM now.

I will take my walk now and read later...

More Later...

I took my half mile walk after all. It wasn't as hot as I thought with lower humidity. It's 4:36 PM now.

At 6:00PM I watched the church service of our Mission Center..on Zoom. It is held in Springfield Missouri every Sunday evening at 6:00PM. It is almost 7:00PM now and I will go take my bath.

I will watch 60 Minutes since I recorded it.  And will go to bed shortly after it's over.



No comments: