Monday, September 5, 2022

Monday and Labor Day and Mowing

It's 3:00AM and I have been awake for two hours. I simply could not get back to sleep after waking up at 1:00AM. My mind would not turn off. I was concerned about the deposit that has not been downloaded into my checking account at my bank because of the holiday weekend. I know there's nothing I can do about it but that doesn't help. I will be so glad when tomorrow comes and I can pay my bills and get this off of my mind.

More later. I know it won't do any good to go back to bed to just toss and turn another two hours so I may as well just get up and read. 

After I read awhile, I got myself ready for the day.

I stripped my bed and did a load of laundry this morning. I have put it in the dryer now. I remade the bed and am eating a breakfast bar now. I also put a waffle in the toaster and put syrup on it. I am out of oleo for it. Too many peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, I guess. I took a couple of bites of it and threw the rest away. I am full enough.

It's almost 7:00AM now and I need to go watch the weather and check on the cats. 

Both cats were there looking for me to bring out their food so I did that and they dug in. Blondie is pretty much finished but Scruff was still out there eating after he finished but I think she is finished now, I believe. I will put the cat food back in the garage so the ants won't find it and get into it.

I caught the weather soon after. Today is supposed to be 89 degrees and mostly sunny. Tuesday is supposed to be 91 degrees and sunny. Wednesday is forecast for 92 degrees and sunny. Thursday's forecast is for 90 degrees and sunny, Friday 91 degrees and sunny, Saturday 90 degrees and mostly sunny and Sunday 85 degrees and sunny. Again..no rain in the forecast. 

 More later..

It's a little after 9:00AM and only 74 degrees outside. I think this would be a good time to take my half mile walk.

I did take my half mile walk and then when I got back home, I got my Kindle, which had been charging, and read until almost noon. Then I watered the flowers in the front flowerbed and fixed myself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I will need to get more peanut butter when I get that deposit.

I probably need to water the flowers in the back flowerbed too. It's pretty sunny out there. And it's almost noon now.

It's 12:54 PM now and I did water those flowers in the back yard flowerbed. They really needed the water. As long as I water the flowers morning and night, both back and front, they continue to bloom after a fashion. The mums are budded now. They ...probably won't bloom until later this fall.

It's 5:31PM now and I just mowed the front yard. I am tired and thirsty but it's not terribly hot and this was my opportunity to get it mowed myself.  Tomorrow if it's this nice, I will mow the back yard. The news is on now so I will get back to this later..perhaps after my bath.

So Even More Later.

The doorbell rang while I was closing the blinds this evening and I answered it to Carla Lewis, one of the people who rented the other side of the duplex  when Steve and Suzanne owned it. She was interested in renting the side Stephen and Dee Anna stay in when they are staying over here to visit their grandchildren. I told her Stephen had told me they intended to use it themselves when they needed a place for company or even for themselves. They are usually here a day or two every week or so. But she asked me for their phone number so she could try to convince Stephen to rent it to her.

I really don't think she will be able to convince them of that, but I gave her Stephen's phone number.

I took my bath at 6:15PM because I was up so early this morning. I doubt I will stay up late this evening. 

I will read until I get tired and then go to bed. Mowing wore me out this evening. I am glad I didn't try to mow the back too. If it's as nice tomorrow evening, I will mow the back then. Then perhaps on Thursday or Friday evening I may do the west side again if it needs it by then again.

It's 6:50PM now. I will go read awhile again.


2 comments:

ChuckFu said...

74 sounds awesome, it's 90 something here already but not to bad, I trimmed some hedges and picked up the trimming, am starting a new Certification called AWS Security (Amazon Web Services) when I get it, it offers enough points to renew m Security+ Cert too

Galla Creek said...

Praying tomorrow will be a better day for you.