Thursday, September 8, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

A spam call came through on my phone at 1:30AM this morning and woke me up.  I deleted it and attempted to get back to sleep. I even got up and took three Melatonin tablets but nothing helped. I was wide awake. Finally I just got up and went to check my bank balance. It was still alright thanks to Stephen agreeing to hold my rent check until the 15th. I should not have attempted to pay bills that were not even due yet. My Evergy bill of $144.26 is also dated 9/14 and I hope they don't deposit it before it's due like the City of Caney did. I have learned a lesson from this experience. I did not want those two bills to be paid late, so I sent them in by mail with the check dated when I would have my social security in the bank since Leslie and I would be gone when they came due. I never dreamed they would process them before the date on the check. So far, Evergy hasn't.  

Due to ignorance, I cause myself a lot of grief and loss of sleep. It's 5:23AM now. I will make my breakfast next.

I am having my breakfast here in the den as usual. Later on this morning I will do my mopping and while it's drying I may go do my trimming. I also need to trim the hedge again. I have to do that almost weekly. It grows so fast.

And I want to take my half mile walk this morning too. I missed it yesterday. I had such a busy day. I have to do it in the early morning before it gets hot. Perhaps next week I can add another couple of blocks to it. I am supposed to work up to a mile and then two....gradually. I can already tell the difference.

More later ...I want to go catch "the weather on the 8's"  

I finally caught the weather forecast.Today is forecast for 91degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 93 degrees  and sunny, Saturday 92 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 81 degrees and AM clouds and PM sun, Monday 84 degrees and sunny, Tuesday 90 degrees and sunny and Wednesday 93 degrees and sunny. It seems they took the rain out of yesterday's next Sunday forecast.

I'd better check on the cats now. It's 6:30AM.

No cats yet!! 

The cats finally came and I fed them. When they finally left, I put the cat food back in the garage  and it will stay there now until tonight...if they come for supper.

I got all the floors mopped and the throw rugs are in the dryer on the "fresh air" setting. After the floors are dry I will vacuum the carpets but while I am waiting for that, I will trim the hedge....again. Then I may trim around the yard too. 

So More Later... 

I got the hedge trimmed. I will need to wait awhile to do the yard trimming.  

I called Evergy about not depositing my check until the date I put on it and the woman I talked to said they process all payments when they get them without checking the dates and there are thousands of them and they are handled by a machine..unless it's a late payment and then they add a penalty. I explained to her that the reason I sent it in early was so that I wouldn't have to pay a penalty because my daughter and I would be out of town for three days. I dated the check on the 15th because I would be sure to have my social security in there on the 14th. So you're darned if you do and your darned if you don't. She said she would put a note on my account but she couldn't guarantee that would work.

Whatever...I will go trim the yard now and then come in and vacuum the apartment.

I got almost all the yard trimmed before the battery went down on the trimmer. I still have the west side next to the house and will get that when the trimmer is charged.

In the meantime I will drink some water and take my walk. After that I will read some more. It's only 72 degrees so that may be cool enough for my walk.

More later... 

I got my half mile walk taken and I am tired.  I will drink some water and read for awhile and vacuum later.

I did get the hedge trimmed and it looks much better.

I read until I finished that book and the Kindle needed charging again. So both the trimmer and the Kindle are charging now.

I may go out to Eggbert's and eat lunch. I had taken money out of the bank yesterday to pay for my color and cut but Toni would not let me pay for it. She said God had blessed her and she was going to share her blessing with me. That is so sweet. And at Bunco yesterday I won "the most Buncos" and that paid $10.00. so I am not completely broke.

I did go out to Eggbert's and had a hamburger and french fries and a sweet tea. That hit the spot. I spent the money I made playing Bunco on it. I brought half of it home in a box...for tomorrow. I will warm it up in the skillet.

I vacuumed the bedroom, the hall and the den. Now I am resting for awhile before vacuuming the living room and dining room..

It's 4:58PM now and I have finished vacuuming the apartment and finished the trimming. I also read for awhile in my Kindle. My trimmer came apart as I was trimming and I had a time getting it fixed but I managed somehow.

Always something... I still need to dust. 

I got the dusting finished and  it is 7:19PM.I am going to take my bath and put my pajamas on and my duster and read some more before I go to bed.

.More even later.....

I have been reading after my bath but I have been up way too long and need to go to bed and hopefully to sleep

Tomorrow is Friday and I don't have a plan for anything much. I am going to go on to bed now.It is 8:34PM

7 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Margie,
I don't think the date on checks is ever looked at these days. I've noticed that whenever I mail a check into whatever place it's going to that they deposit it when they get it, no matter the date on the check. I'm glad you were able to notice that your postdated checks were being cashed and that Stephen will hold your rent check. It all turned out to be okay.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank God for a great landlord and his wife!

Galla Creek said...

God is good.

DrumMajor said...

Yep, don't ever expect a big company to look at dates, or even a little company. I even put in two separate checks to pay for a credit card years ago, and they only registered and deposited one of the checks. The company said they have everything automated: the opening and pulling out of the stub and check. The system wasn't geared to process more than one check from an envelope. Machines can read and deposit the checks. No humans in the process until you're late, and that may initially be automated too! Linda in Kansas

Dianne said...

Your energy and how much you get done in a day is amazing! Good information on pre dated checks.I didn't know about those machines although I probably should have.

Margie's Musings said...

That's true Suemn! He is a Jewel

Margie's Musings said...

Dianne, I am determined to stay with my scheduled life. I think it is a good way to keep everything done.