Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well until about 4:30AM and then I simply could not get back to sleep after getting back to bed after I got up to take my meds. After tossing and turning for 45 minutes, I finally just got up. 

I paid my Chase bill which was due. It was the renewal of my Amazon Prime and the new subscription charge for using my Kindle. Between the two of them the charge was $148.99. $139.00 of it was my Amazon Prime. That started out costing me $99.00 when I first signed up for it years ago but like everything else connected to Cox, they have kept raising the fee. Last year it was $119.00. And I have never been charged anything for using my Kindle since I only read the free books and seldom ever buy one for the Kindle. They charged me $9.99 for an annual fee. Having Amazon Prime is the way I can download movies from their site and watch TV specials since I only have the very basic TV package and it also takes care of any service calls I might have for the TV. I never have to pay anything extra for a service call. I have had to have them out several times since I have lived here because Caney has a terrible  signal and I often have a tearing picture or some other problem due to their terrible signal here in Caney.

Always something!

I will stop by the church and pick up those bulletins from Sunday and put them in the letters and get the letters in the mail to those who were not at church on Sunday.

Then I will go to the bank and get the money for my hair this morning. I will get my hair done at Toni's at 9:30AM. Then after that, I will stop at Dollar General there and buy some contact cleaner. I forgot that when I went to Dollar General here in Caney yesterday.  Then, last of all, I will go to the library and read my Kindle until time to go to Bunco at the senior center at 1:00PM.

I went in the living room to watch the weather and check on the cats. Sure enough they were both there waiting for me to see them and feed them.

Here is the weather forecast for the next week:

Today is to be 91 degrees and sunny, Tomorrow 90 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 91 degrees and sunny Saturday is to be 92 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 79 degrees and AM showers, Monday is to be 83 degrees and mostly sunny, Tuesday is to be 87 degrees and mostly sunny. It looks like Sunday is the only day we even have a chance for any rain.

The cats came back again for more breakfast. I took the food out for them again and they ate a little more but have left again.I am not playing that game.They are going to have to learn to eat what they want while the food is out there.

It's 7:01 now...I will leave about 8:00AM since I am planning to go up to the church and get those bulletins to put in with the letters. And I also have to stop by the bank to withdraw some cash for my hair.

More Even Later.....

I went on up to the Church and got those bulletins and got the letters in the mail. Then I went to my hair appointment and after that to the senior center to read.

At 1:00 the Bunco folks came and we played Bunco until 2:30PM.Then I came on back home.

I am not up to mowing the west yard this evening. It's too hot. 

I checked my bank account to balance it and I had written a check for $92.15 for the City of Caney that was dated for September 15th and not due until the 17th and sent it on to them because Leslie and I am going to be gone on September 15th through the 17th to Independence Missouri . I never dreamed the bank would accept it before then and I never dreamed the City of Caney would deposit it before September 15th. That's a mess for sure. All those payments I made to pay off my car's starter bill and the tire bill are coming through and that one was not supposed to be deposited until September 15th. By then I would have had my social security in the bank on the 14th.

I called my landlord because I noticed he had not deposited my rent check yet and asked him if he would hold it until the 15th so I would not be overdrawn. He graciously agreed to hold on to it until the15th. That will save the day for me and keep me from being overdrawn. I have never been overdrawn.

I was so embarrassed  to have to ask him that.

More Later... 

After Stephen took care of my immediate concern, I decided to go ahead and mow that west yard after all. It was into the 80's but that was nothing like trying to mow in the 90's. I couldn't do that. All I need to do now is trim. I can do that tomorrow evening.

It's 7:14PM now and I will take my bath and get my pajamas and duster on and read in my latest Kindle book until bedtime.

Perhaps more later...

I am going to bed...it's 9:00PM and I have had a very stressful day. I will clean the apartment tomorrow and trim the yard too.

What a day!




2 comments:

DrumMajor said...

You're a kind but tough lady to not let the cats "train" you too much! Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

True, Linda!