Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Tuesday and the Deposit

I slept well last night and was up at 4:30AM to check the bank site to see if Keith and Esther's deposit had come in...and it had. Thanks goodness! Now I can pay off my bills...the tires and the new starter bill and that huge electric bill.  I will put the electric bill in the mail and the City of Caney bill in their drop box at City Hall. I am so thankful for the kids' generosity! Leslie had volunteered to make the payments on my tires but with that deposit I will pay off those tires. But I have some amazing kids and their mates!

I want to get stamps as soon as the post office opens so I can send off that electric bill and later the letters I wrote yesterday to those who were not at church on Sunday. I will hold off on sending those until I drop by the church tomorrow morning and pick up those bulletins to include in the letters. I forgot to get them when I left church on Sunday.

I will go by Josh's garage as soon as he opens and before I leave for Bartlesville and pay off the bill for the new starter. 

I will go visit Nancy today after I pay off those tires at Tate boys and we will go to lunch afterwards. 

I will need to go to the market and buy groceries and drinking water this morning. I drank the last bottle last evening. I never drink Caney's water. They leave some bad chemicals in it. Every year I get a letter telling me the water has those chemicals in it.

While I am in Bartlesville this morning I will buy gas for my car. It is not empty yet but I am getting low.

I am out of oatmeal, my usual breakfast, so I am having a breakfast bar and a cappuccino for breakfast. When I get home this afternoon, I will go to the Caney market and buy groceries. I am out of nearly everything.

It's 6:19AM now and I will go check and see if the cats are out there and check out the weather forecast too.

 More later...

It's 6:42AM now and no cats yet and no weather forecast yet either. It is getting light out there so maybe it won't be long. 

The weather came on first and then I saw Blondie out there waiting  for his breakfast but Scruff wasn't there. I took the cat food out to Blondie and when I turned around to go back in the house, Scruff came to eat too. She always wants to eat where Blondie is eating and she tries to nudge him out of her way. Sometimes that works but sometimes he slaps her with his paw. Right now he is being nice to her.

The weather forecast is next. Today is to be 92 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 91degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 90 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 91 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 92 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 83 degrees and sunny. That's it! Another week without any moisture.

The cats are gone now.They may have finished and I will need to get the cat food in and away from any ants that's may find it.

The front yard looks so much better since I mowed it last evening. I hope to get the back yard mowed this evening after it cools down.

More Later.... 

As soon as everything was open, I went to the Caney Market and bought everything on my grocery list. I hadn't bought grocerys for several weeks so when I bought everything on my grocery list it came to $62.74...the most I had paid for grocerys in ages. Of course, I have been getting by with lots of peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. :)

I stopped at the post office and bought stamps and then went to Main Street Auto Repair and paid the bill for my starter. 

While I was at Tate Boys in Bartlesville to pay off the tire bill, they told me that did not take any payments there and I would either have to pay online or on the telephone so I went out to my car and called the credit company that handles their accounts and paid it that way. Now everything is up to date.

Stephen hasn't yet deposited my rent check but it is covered and has always been covered for this month. 

I am going to go watch the news now. I will get back to this later.

I watched the news and then went out to try to clean up that mower. I did get some of the dirt and grime off it but without spending some big time cleaning on it, it's possible it's a waste of time. I did shampoo the floor mats for the car and although they didn't come out perfect they are a lot cleaner then they were.

Anyhow, after  awhile it began to get dark and less hot. So I took the mower out back and mowed the back yard. That leaves the west side which is not terribly bad yet. I will probably try to get it done either Thursday evening or Friday evening...depends on the temperature. According to my phone it's 72 degrees now which is probably why I was able to mow this evening. I got it finished just before it got dark. I will need to do some trimming yet and need to trim the hedge again too but I have the rest of the week to get all that done.

It's 8:13PM now and I will take my bath and put my pajamas on and read awhile.It's been a very busy day. I am still amazed that I had been able to lift that bag of clippings into the trash receptacle. It must be the half mile walking I have been doing and the loss of the 12 pounds that helped.

This is the second week I have mowed my own yard. Of course, I still have the west side to do. It's the largest. But if worse comes to worse, I can do it in two evenings. But last week I planned to do it that way and was able to just keep mowing until I got it all done in one evening.

Perhaps more later....

3 comments:

Suemn said...

Hi Margie... I agree with you that you have some really nice supportive kids and their spouses that make sure you are okay:) Enjoy your lunch with Nancy.

Galla Creek said...

I have to mow this week too.

Margie's Musings said...

I did enjoy my day with Nancy...she did too.