Friday, October 14, 2022

Friday and Dusting

I slept pretty well last night again. I was up a little before 5:00AM but had a good night's sleep otherwise. I read last night until I finished the second book. I was going to watch some TV but Cox was down in this area. I reported it and they told me our entire area was down and they were working to get it up again. In about 20 minutes they had that fixed. There was really nothing on TV that interested me anyhow. I did watch a program I had recorded and then finished the book. If the Caney library is open today I will check out a couple more books here. I will check that out when I take my walk.

Right now I am having my breakfast. It is 5:28AM. 

I will go check out the weather report now if the TV signal is still up. You never know about Cox. I will also check out the cats a little later.

I caught "the weather on the 8's" right away. (Tonight there is a 10% chance of rain)  Today is to be 85 degrees and sunny. Tomorrow is to be 81 degrees and sunny, (a 10% chance of rain) Sunday is to be 74 degrees and partly cloudy,  Monday will be 60 degrees and sunny, Tuesday is to be 54 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 60 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 71 degrees and mostly sunny. No real rain in the forecast this next week. 10% is not much of a chance!

I opened the front door at 6:14AM and both cats were waiting for their breakfast so I took it out to them.They are usually not this early. But they are eating now!

They have finished eating so I took their food back in the garage and covered it up again.

It's 7:01AM now and as soon as it gets light I will start my walk.

More Later...

I walked over to the library and back.They open from 12:00 until 6:00PM Monday, Wednesday and Friday. The other days they are open at 9:00AM. 

When I returned, I read awhile but my Kindle is not working anymore. I could not get it to download anything.

Then I decided to go to Independence and visit Leslie. I asked her if she wanted to go to the Dairy Queen and get a blizzard but they had had pancakes for breakfast and she was not hungry so I went by myself after our visit. 

Then I called Joanne Stoner to see if she wanted to go to lunch but she had plans with her son, Paul. The next time I ask her, I will call her earlier. When I called her this morning, she was driving and couldn't answer the phone. When she finally called me back she had her own plans. She did find an apartment that she will move into in December. It is just a couple of blocks from her daughter-in-law's work.That will be good and handy.

It's 4:00PM now and I have been going over my notes for Sunday's sermon.

I also finally found those lost photos Carol, my niece, sent me of my Bob with his dad and family. They were in my Bible...of all places! That must have been before we were married. He looks very young and his dad was still alive in those photos. And Nancy was very young in them too.

More even later... It's 6:07PM and I am going to take my bath now and put my pajamas on and read awhile.

More Later..

It's 8:26PM and I am going to go on to bed. I was up awfully early this morning

I will copy this to Keith's site before I go to bed. By the time I get there it will be 9:00PM or close to it.


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Looks like the weather is going from almost hot to almost cold. I’m still hoping for rain so I can burn my pile of sticks. My yard is filled with leaves. I have to mulch them with the lawn mower. Too many to rake.

Margie's Musings said...

I understand. I have the same problem with the leaves.

Kay said...

I have an older Kindle too which I really like. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will hang on a long time. Art has a newer Kindle which I don't like as much. Have a wonderful weekend, Margie.