Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Wednesday and a Flu Shot

Amazingly, I slept through the night last night and didn't wake up until nearly 5:00AM. I made the bed and got myself ready for the day.

It will be a busy day. I will get my hair done at 9:00AM and then go to the doctor's office to get my flu shot and perhaps the third booster shot too.

I am having my breakfast now, as usual, here in the den. 

The laptop was frozen this morning and I had to reboot it to get it unfrozen. It is still running Windows 7. 

If I can finish my second library book, I will take the two books back to the Coffeyville library while I am over there. I will check out two more if I do. My Kindle has stopped working for me.

More later ....

I turned on the TV to find that we are all under a severe thunderstorm warning until 6:15AM ..every area from Neodesha south including Independence, Parsons, and all the southeast Kansas area . Quarter sized hail and strong 60 mile per hour winds were forecast.

Then I caught the week's forecast for our area. Today is to be 78 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 75 degrees and partly cloudy,   Friday is to be 83 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 84 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 74 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 67 degrees and  sunny, Tuesday is to be 62 degrees and sunny.

I have a 9:00AM hair appointment so I am glad the warning should be over in a few minutes. After I get my hair done, I will go to the doctor's office to get my flu shot, then to the library.

I will leave for the hair appointment at 8:15AM. I hope the danger of hail is over by then.  

More later ...

When I got to Coffeyville I went to the bank and got the money for my hair and Wacky Pack lunch later here at Caney. 

I then went to get my hair done and then to the library to return the two books I had checked out last week. I checked out two more.

When I got back to Caney, I stopped at our Sonic and ordered my Wacky Pack.

For $2.18, you can hardly beat that for lunch. I put the little toy in a box in my trunk. I will give them to Leeann the next time we have a child's party. That's what I did with the last toys I had accumulated when we had the "back to school party" in August.

I should have washed my car while I was in Coffeyville. I thought about it after I got my flu shot but I forgot to do it. I did stop at the Health Department and made an  appointment for next Wednesday to get my third Covid booster shot. They didn't have a nurse working today.

More Later...

I read all afternoon on another of the books from the library and finished the first one.

It's 6:07PM now and I will take my bath and put my pajamas and duster on.

It's 7:17PM now and I intend to go to bed at 9:00PM.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I heard thunder but not a drop of rain yet. I’m still hopeful.

Margie's Musings said...

We got a little bit...not much!