Sunday, October 9, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept fairly well last night. I woke up several times but was able to get back to sleep until slightly after 5:00AM..when I just got up. I was very tired after all that work in the yard. But it looks a lot better.. not that it will stay that way..leaves are still falling until the trees are bare for winter.

As usual, I am eating my breakfast here in the den.

I have dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for church. I will leave here about 9:30AM so I will have a chance to sweep any bugs that may have crawled in under the door and the grass that may be on the doormat so we won't track it in. I think the new person Tony got to take his place as our mower may have mowed last week. I noticed he had also trimmed. Tony didn't trim too. And the bushes in front had also been trimmed.

It's only 6:06AM now. I will go turn on the TV and look at the weather forecast when "the weather on the 8's" comes on. I will also look for the cats to come for their breakfast. 

So More Later...

No cats yet but it's only 6:23AM. 

I see Blondie has walked up now. I fed him but I don't see anything of Scruff...not yet anyway. I just checked again and she is out there eating now. When she is finished, I will put the cat food back in the garage and cover it again.

She finished... and I put away the cat food.

More later...when the weather comes on.

The weather forecast finally came on at 6:48AM. Today will be 80 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 85 degrees and partly cloudy,  Tuesday is to be 82 degrees and showers and wind.Wednesday is to be 78 degrees and AM Thunderstorms, Thursday is to be 73 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 79 degrees and sunny and Saturday is to be 82 degrees and partly cloudy. I am sure counting on those rains on Tuesday and Wednesday.  I sure hope they happen.

More even later... 

I watched the news and read in my latest book until time to go to church.  When I got there, I cleaned out the leaves which had fallen in the bushes in front and put them in a plastic bag to put in my trash at home. 

Karan had a very good service and sermon. After the service we all went to Independence to go to the Bar B Q place to eat. I called Kay at Just Us and learned that she was sick and was not going to open today. She had taken chemo therapy yesterday and was sick from it. She has to take another chemo therapy tomorrow and doesn't know whether she will be sick or not from that but is not looking forward to it to finding out. Poor woman... I told her we would pray for her.

I speak next Sunday and I will have to do some more additional study. I prepared that sermon several weeks ago and will have to familiarize myself with it again. It's from Jeremiah and I am not really into understanding the Old Testament. The culture was so different from the modern culture. It take some getting used to adjusting my remarks to make sense of their philosophy and theology. I have a week to do that though and I should be able to put together a thirty minute sermon. I have been looking over my notes this afternoon.

I wrote letters to every one who was not at church today and sent them a copy of the  bulletin with the prayer list and announcements. There were six letters.

More later...I took some time and went out back and cleaned up the leaves from the back yard.

When I finished, I came in and took my bath and got into my pajamas and duster. It's 7:37PM now and I will read until 9:00PM or so when I usually go to bed.




 


2 comments:

Kay said...

Wow! You wrote six letters to all those who weren't able to come? That is so very kind of you.

Margie's Musings said...

No, they need to know they were missed and that we care..