Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Tuesday and Cookies to Independence

I slept poorly last night. I woke up every hour on the hour but most of the time I was able to get back to sleep.I even took Melatonin but this time it didn't seem to help. I got up one time and looked out and it was raining! How we needed that!

I finally got up at 5:00AM and stripped my bed and washed the sheets and towels. They are ready to go into the dryer now.

I got the laundry in the dryer now with some dryer sheets.I will fold it out when it's dry and put it away.

I made my breakfast and ate it there in the den. 

About 8:30AM I will drive over to our church and pick up all those cookies from the frig and take them to Independence to the First Christian Church. And while I was in Bartlesville yesterday and had some free time after took Sally to work, I bought the things for our shoe box project. I am doing that for a little girl.

When I opened the front door, Scruff was out there waiting for her breakfast so I took it out to her.. She is eating now. I don't see Blondie.It's not raining now but it has been. The sidewalks and driveway are wet. I know it was raining when I got up  and checked in the night.

Blondie finally came  to eat after Scruff finished and was gone. 

And I caught the weather forecast. It's 7:00 and 63 degrees out there. Today will be 79 degrees and rain and wind and a 40% chance of rain. And tonight it is to be 63 degrees and we have a 50% chance of rain. Wednesday will be 79 degrees and mostly sunny. Thursday will be 74 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 79 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 86 degrees and mostly sunny, Sunday is to be 75 degrees and  partly cloudy, and Monday is to be 64 degrees and mostly sunny. That's not as much rain as I was hoping for but any rain is good news for us.

More later..

I picked up the cookies at the church  and took them to Independence to the First Christian Church up there.Their pastor came out and took the cookies I had brought and told me we could begin taking them up there every other week since they had fewer people eating with them and they were accumulating cookies too fast. I texted our people and they were happy to cut back on the cookies we take to them. The next time we will need them with be October 25th. I will remind the congregation of that next date that week.

It's 10:34AM and I have been reading my latest library book. I guess I will go back to it now.

At lunchtime I decided to go down to Copan Restaurant and have their small chef salad and iced tea. That's what I did.I brought the iced tea home with me to finish drinking.

It is sprinkling again. We really need the moisture. It's 1:18PM now. I will go check and see if I got any mail.

So more later....

It sprinkled some this afternoon but not near as much as we needed. But any moisture is better then none at all.

More later...

I have read some more this afternoon and also went to the post office and bought stamps again.

I took my bath a little early..at 6:30PM. Then I put my pajamas on and my duster. I will read some more. There is nothing on TV I am interested in after the news.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM


 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

So happy to hear you have rain. Often we get your weather the next day…so maybe it will rain here.

Margie's Musings said...

That would be good! Some of the country NEEDS rain.