Friday, October 21, 2022

Friday and Ham and Beans

I slept well last night again and was up at my usual 5:00AM, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I notice on my phone that the temperature here is 44 degrees this morning. The furnace is running so that must be so. I have it set on 72 degrees.

I don't have a whole lot going today. I got everything that needed done here at the apartment yesterday. I will leave for Coffeyville again about 10:45AM to have lunch at the senior center with Marilyn. They are having ham and beans for $3.00 complete with dessert at 11:30AM today. It's been a long time since I have had ham and beans so I am looking forward to it. Asbury Village, the Assisted Living home there in Coffeyville fixes a meal for seniors once a month and serves it at the senior center. It has been a long while since I attended those dinners.

It's almost 6:00AM so I will go turn on the weather on the TV and check on the cats  too.

It's 6:12AM and the weather has not come on yet since I came in here to watch "the weather  on the 8's" .I opened the door but the cats were not there yet. I will check again in a few minutes. Since I turned on the light when I checked on them, they may be there now.

No, they still were not there.

But the weather forecast did come on. 

Today is to be 86 degrees and mostly sunny, Tomorrow (Saturday) is to be 85 degrees and mostly sunny and windy, Sunday is to be 85 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Monday is to be 70 degrees and rain! Tuesday is to be 58 degrees and rain! Wednesday is to be 66 degrees and mostly sunny, Thursday is to be 70 degrees and mostly sunny. I certainly hope that rain does occur Monday and Tuesday!

I have checked for the cats three times and they neither one have come for their breakfast and they are usually here by 6:30AM. It's almost 7:00AM now and neither of them are seemingly willing to brave the 45 degree weather for their breakfast. It's 7:00AM now but still dark out there. It will probably be 7:30AM before it's light enough for me to get out there and walk.

Sure enough, it is 7:21AM and finally light enough for me to take my walk. 

I got back from my walk at 7:48AM. It wasn't bad because I had gloves on and there was no wind. It's 7:54AM now.When I got home Scruff was out there looking for her food. There was no sign of Blondie. She ate very little and left. Maybe she will come back and eat more now that I am in the den. 

No, she just ate very little and left and didn't come back.   Oh well...I tried to feed her.

So, more even later....

Sally called me to tell me while she was talking to me yesterday her phone went dead. She had not charged it and she was as surprised as I was that she lost me while we were talking about my trip to Big Cheese. One of the men in her office had an appointment and she had to work for him. She drove her old van but she worries that the transmission may be going out on it. It isn't doing well at all.

I got my mail and once again I got family photos from my niece Carol. I had finally found the first batch she had sent me so I put them in plain sight so I wouldn't lose them again. Then I looked through the first batch again before I looked at the new batch. There were several photos Leslie wanted me to make copies of for Keith and Scott and her. I will do that the first day after Thanksgiving. I will take them to Walgreens and have them duplicated and send them home with the boys and Leslie.

I called Leslie and asked her if she would like to see them this afternoon and she would so we went through them and she told me which ones she would like to have duplicated. Then we took Mini and went up to the Dairy Queen in Independence and got a blizzard and a puppy cup for Mini. Then we drove to the park and looked at the playground....neat as a pin.

Then we looked around downtown at all the Halloween decorations and went into Messengers Furniture and visited with Jim, the manager there. I had known him from selling him ads in the Good News..the area shopper back in the late 90's. She said whenever she went in there he asked about me. He looks much the same....just has white hair now. He said he is 59 now. I didn't tell him how old I am. :) He is younger then all three of my children.

Then we drove back to her house and I came on back home. It's 5:06PM now and I will go watch the news and get back to this later.

I have read awhile and then it was 7:00PM and time for my bath. After that, I put on my winter pajamas and robe. I will finish this evening with reading my Kindle and go to bed at 9:00PM. ...my regular bedtime.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Ham and beans plus corn bread sounds so good.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it does to me too.