Wednesday, October 19, 2022

Wednesday and a Busy Day

This will be another busy day. Again, I slept well and was up shortly before 5:00AM. 

I had a message on the computer on Messenger from Darlene Sanders. Lloyd Avery, was the brother of  Bob Avery who was the brother of Darlene's mother. She is wanting someone to preside over a graveside service for Lloyd who died this spring of Covid. The graveside service will be held the 27th of October at Spring Hill Cemetery where Bob's family, including Bob Avery and my sister, are all buried. Later in the day I will call Darlene and see about meeting with her and getting the arrangements made. I will help her if she wants me to. I have done a number of funerals over the years although it's been quite awhile now since the last one I did.

Later on this morning I will go to Coffeyville for my 8:30AM hair appointment and after that I will go to the Montgomery County Health department and get my third Covid shot at 9:30AM. Then I will take my Coffeyville library books back and drop them in the drop box in the alley there behind the library. Then I will go to the senior center and read my latest book on the new Kindle that Keith sent me. Then this afternoon at 1:00PM, I will play Bunco there at the senior center. I will need to get a treat for that occasion...probably at Walmart there. I ended up finding what I wanted at Country Mart.

Sometime after that, I will try to talk with Darlene while I am at Coffeyville. I will take her phone number with me to Coffeyville. I may want to get some personal information from her about Lloyd for that service. I may also want to get a copy of the obit from her.

More later... 

I found the obit online and printed it off. Depending on what they want in the way of a service I may use it on that Thursday at the graveside.

I opened the front door and both cats were there waiting for their breakfast so I took their food out to them. It's 6:50AM now and I may take my walk after the cats finish their breakfast. It's still dark out there so I will wait until it is light. I want to leave for Coffeyville at 8:00AM and get to my hair appointment by 8:30AM. It will be a busy day. I took the cat food to the garage and covered it after the cats finished eating.

It's barely light out now and it's 7:22AM I don't know if I have time to take my walk or not.I plan to leave for Coffeyville at 8:00AM. I might just barely make it back from the walk.

I did catch the weather forecast. Today is to be 62 degrees and mostly sunny, Tomorrow is to be 77 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 85 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 88 degrees and mostly sunny and windy, Sunday is to be 84 degrees and partly cloudy and windy,Monday is to be 66 degrees and showers, and Tuesday is to be 68 degrees and AM showers.  I sure hope we get that rain! 

More later...  if I am to get my walk done.

I got my walk done and then I left for Coffeyville and my hair appointment and also to take those library books back. Then I went to the Montgomery County Health Department and got my third booster shot for Covid.

I then read for awhile at the senor center and finally all the Bunco players arrived and we ended up having having four tables this time. We had a good time. Afterward I went over to Marilyn's house and visited with her for a couple of hours.

Then I came home. I got back home at 5:40PM.I will check my e-mail and wait to hear from Darlene Sanders' sister-in-law about the graveside services they are wanting me to do on the 27th.of this month.

More Later... 

I never did hear from Phyllis even though Darlene gave her my phone number. I guess she got busy and forgot. Darlene said she thought they had someone lined up to sing a song. And one of them wanted to say some words about Lloyd too.That would be good. That's a personal touch.

I talked to Keith about how to eliminate recording NCIS on the TV. I never checked it but it had been recording that program for ages. I think that is fixed now thanks to Keith. He walked me through the program and  how to get it unchecked so it won't record. I have no interest in a violent TV program.

At 7:00PM, I took my bath and put my winter pajamas and heavy robe on. That will feel good tonight if it doesn't get too warm. If it does, I can always get up and lower the thermostat..

I may go back over to Coffeyville for the ham and bean dinner they are having at 11:30AM on Friday. It is $3.00 for everything they serve including dessert.

I will read until 9:00PM and then go on to bed.  

It's 8:47PM..I guess I will go on to bed.I am very tired!

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

What a friend you are. Always ready to help a friend in need.