Monday, October 17, 2022

Monday and A Trip to Visit Nancy

I slept well again last night and only woke up once and got right back to sleep afterward. I am hoping my sleepless nights are over.

I am doing some laundry this morning...primarily towels, pajamas and underwear. It's almost 6:00AM now and soon I will go check out the weather forecast  and the cats. Scruff came last evening for some supper. I didn't see Blondie last night although Scruff ate well.

More Later...

Scruff is the only cat that came for breakfast this morning. She is eating but looking out for Blondie.

I also caught the weather forecast. Today we are under a freeze warning and it's only the middle of October. Today though is supposed to be 59 degrees and sunny.Tomorrow is to be 71 degrees and sunny, Wednesday is to be 63 degrees and sunny, Thursday is forecast for 76 degrees and sunny, Friday is to be 83 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 84 degrees and sunny and windy, Sunday is supposed to be 82 degrees and mostly cloudy and windy. That's the week....no rain again.

I took  my walk about 7:30AM and was back home in 20 minutes. It was brisk out there but I had my jacket on and was comfortable. After I came back from my walk, Blondie was waiting me to bring him his breakfast.So I did that. After he finished, I took that cat bowl back to the garage and covered it.

I got my laundry finished and folded and put away. Tomorrow is Tuesday and it should be a lighter day. I will stay home and get some stuff done. 

I got down to see Nancy by 10:15AM and got her out of bed and encouraged her to get dressed so we could go to lunch. 

We went to the Copan Restaurant and had hamburgers and split some french fries. Nancy had coffee and I had iced tea to drink. 

While we were there an older man fainted and his son worked hard to get him to stay awake. The son prevailed and wanted to take his dad to the hospital but the older man refused to go there. They finally had someone bring a wheel chair and several husky men loaded him up into that and took him home (or to the hospital against his will). The entire staff was afraid he was going to die right there before them. It was quite a bit of excitement. After they left, the staff washed and mopped the floor and wiped that water up with paper towels. I don't know what they had to clean up but it was something from one area or another.

After that I took Nancy back home. It was a beautiful day and she was delighted to get out of the assisted living for awhile.  We went by the place I had donated bob's clothing after he passed away. Nancy has gained quite a bit of weight and is having trouble fitting into her clothes. But while were there, she got shaky and weak and instead, I took her back to the assisted living where they could take her blood pressure. It turned out she drinks way too much coffee and it dehydrates her. I got her several glasses of water and after she drank some of that she felt a lot better. Seems she doesn't drink much water but drinks a lot of  coffee. I stayed an hour or so just to make sure she was going to be alright. 

Then I came back home and put away my laundry. When I checked my mail I had received the new Kindle that Keith had sent me. I attempted to register it but it was way too complicated for me...nothing as easy as my old Kindle. I called Amazon and one of the service people walked me through it. It took some time though. But it is very nice and an 11th series of a Paperwhite Kindle. I wish I had a cover that would fit it but it is larger then the other two I have had that Cyndi had given me covers for. It is 8:26PM now and I will take my bath. 

David had texted everyone that Wednesday was to be Bunco at the senior center. My hair appointment is at 9:00AM on Wednesday and I have an  9:30 appointment at the Board of Health for my third booster shot for Covid. Then I will return my Coffeyville library books. II will take my new Kindle to read another book. I  have read both of the Coffeyville Library books. Eventually I will go to the senior center for 1:00 o'clock Bunco.

More later..after my bath. It's going on  9:00PM now. Soon it will be my bedtime.

 

No comments: