Sunday, October 16, 2022

Sunday and Church

I slept very well last night. I woke up once or twice but managed to get right back to sleep. I was up at 5:30AM and dressed and got myself ready for church. I am the speaker today and I am very unsure about my remarks. The theme is from Jeremiah 31: 27-34 and I have never been too keen on speaking from the Old Testament. I prefer the New Testament. But the World Church chooses the themes and I just have to go with it. I have wrestled with it for a few weeks. All four of us have had to deal with Jeremiah this past month. Melissa will have it to do next week. 

I have just finished my breakfast and put the bowl from my oatmeal in the sink to soak. It's 6:30AM now and I imagine the cats are out there hungry for their breakfasts. I had better go check them out and also check out the weather for the week.

So more later...

Both cats were out there for their breakfast so I took their food out there and they are eating now. 

I am still waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on now. It's 6:46AM now and it's very dark out there. I think it may have rained a little...but very little. The sidewalk was a little wet.

The cats ate quickly and left. I put away their food and just as I got back in the house the weather came on. 

Today is to be 74 degrees and  cloudy, Tomorrow will be 61 degrees and sunny, Tuesday will be 52 degrees and  sunny, Wednesday is to be 61 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 75 degrees and partly cloudy, and Friday should be 82 degrees and sunny and Saturday is to be 82 degrees and sunny. No rain in the forecast this next week....just cooler weather. Darn!

I took my walk at 7:26AM and got back home at 7:48AM. It's 8:02AM now. 

It's nearly 9:00AM now and I am leaving for church,

More after lunch!

We had a very small congregation today. Afterward Phyllis and I went with John and Leslie to a pizza place in Coffeyville. They had a great business but the two pieces of pizza Phyllis and I had were cold and their ice machine wasn't working and we only had two small pieces of ice in our drink. I wasn't impressed.

I got home about 1:30PM and will read this afternoon if the Chief''s football  game isn't on. I will check that out before I read.

I read for awhile but then I watched the Chiefs/Bills game. They were tied after each quarter. They are tied now in the fourth quarter. I understand from Alexia that the Bills won by three points. That's a shame. .When I worked at KGGF selling adverting, I always sold the sports package and the Chiefs were the football team in the package.The baseball team in that package was the Royals.

I don't know how it turned out. I stated watching the Mission Center  service.

I will go take my bath in a few minutes and put my pajamas on and my duster. I will read until my bedtime at 9:00PM.

No comments: