Thursday, October 20, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well again last night and was up at 5:00AM and made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will clean the apartment this morning, as usual, on Thursdays. But first, before I begin, I will check out the weather and the cats. They both came for supper last night. After I eat and check the weather and the cats, I will start by mopping the bare floors before I vacuum the carpet.

It's only 5:33AM now so it will be awhile before I even think about my walk. I try to do that as soon as it gets light outside.

It's 6:21AM and I just caught the weather forecast. Today is to be 77 degrees and  sunny, Friday is to be 85 degrees and Mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 85 degrees and sunny and windy, Sunday is to be 86 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Monday is to be 71 degrees and rain, Tuesday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy, Wednesday is to be 68 degrees and mostly sunny. Well that's one day of rain on Monday ..if it develops at all!

I balanced my checkbook again today. ..and it balanced again.

It's 6:30AM and both cats were out there waiting for me to open the door and bring out their food.I go it out there and they are both eating their breakfasts. 

It's still pitch black out there so it will be awhile before I can take my walk.

So more even later .... It's 37 degrees out there now and those cats ate quickly and evidently went to find some shelter from the cold. There's a vacant house on the corner of Eighth and State across the street and I think all these feral cats I have fed take shelter under that house. It can't be too warm since the house is vacant but at least they can get out of the wind.

I will go bring in that cat food and cover it up.

I took my walk at 7:30AM and got home at 7:54AM. It was a little brisk but there was no wind so my ears were alright.

I will  start my mopping now. It's nearly 8:00AM

I got the floors mopped and the throw rugs in the dryer on "fresh air". As soon as the floors dry I will begin my vacuuming.

Darlene called me back and told me her sister in law, Lloyd's wife, had been talking to members of his family and they want to participate in the service and they have decided to make it a celebration of his life by using the family. One of them will read appropriate scripture and one writes poetry and will use one of her poems, another has a beautiful singing voice and wants to sing at the service and so because of that they want to do the service with family and I think that is an excellent idea.  It will be something they will always remember doing to celebrate Lloyd's life. We did that with my Bob's service and all three of my kids and myself participated and even folks in the audience took part and spoke about their experience with Bob. It was so much more personal and I think they will really enjoy their opportunity for participation. 

I will take it off my calendar.

I got my vacuuming all done except the dining room and I will do that now.

I vacuumed the dining room and now I have to do is dust. I got it all dusted.

Then I tried to call Sally today to ask her to go to Big Cheese with me for lunch but her phone went right to voicemail. So I left her a message and  told her about my plan.I wanted to leave Caney at 11:00 so we would be there when they opened. I didn't hear a word from her so I figured she was not home but I went by her house anyway at 11:00AM and pushed the bell a couple of times but...no answer. So I wrote a note and left it on her door. Still no response. So I went on up by myself, On the way I called Joanne and tried to ask her to go with me but no answer either. So I left her a voicemail. Fifteen minutes later she got back with me and said her tires were all low and Paul told her not to drive it until he could get air put in the tires. I offered to pick her up but she was just getting ready to put a casserole in the oven and it would need to bake for an hour. So, I took a rain check there too. 

I just went on by myself. At 12:30PM while I was on my way back home, Sally called me and very excitedly said "I would love to go to Big Cheese with you! When are you leaving?? I said "Sally, I have been there and eaten already and am on my way back home now". She hung up on me. I tried to reach her again but she ignored my call.

Some days it doesn't even pay to get out of bed.

It's 3:00PM and I think I will just go read. I can't get into any trouble just reading. At least I hope I can't. Tomorrow I will go over to Coffeyville at the senior center and have ham and beans for lunch. I am not even going to try to get anyone to go with me. 

I think I made a serious mistake moving back to Caney. Everyone I knew in the past has either died or moved away. But there's nothing I can do about that now. All my present friends live in Coffeyville...or Nancy at Bartlesville at the Green Country Village Assisted Living there.

More Later...

About 6:15PM. I took my bath and put my winter pajamas and robe on. I turned the furnace down to 74 degrees and if it gets cold tonight, I will turn it up again. I just sleep better cool then hot.

I read for awhile but I just can't get into this book on my new Kindle. It's about a woman who has confessed to a murder she didn't commit, He younger brother did it but she wants to take the fall for it. Kindle Paperwhite but it's an eleventh edition so it's a little larger then my old Paperwhite. It was their abusive father who was killed. The policeman who is investigating it does not believe that she did it so he is digging into it further. There's more to the plot but it isn't easy to follow.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM tonight

No comments: