Sunday, October 2, 2022

Saturday and Back From Springfield

I got back from Springfield about 5:00PM Saturday evening. The conference was a good success and the food was very good. Friday evening the Mission Center bought the diners of the board members, including mine. We ate supper at an excellent restaurant right across the street for our motel..the Hilton. Leslie had to stop at the bank at a small town on the way Friday afternoon to get her name on the account there so she could pay the bills from that congregation of the church.

Then we went on to Springfield after that and got checked into our hotel. 

We were up bright and early Saturday morning, had breakfast there at the hotel and then went on to the church in Springfield to the conference for the business meeting. Leslie did a fine job with her report and everyone was quite impressed. The Mission Center President heaped praise on her.

We had a nice catered lunch at the conference and I managed to pay for it by outnumbering Leslie. :)

She had paid for everything else and driven us there.

As we were approaching Chetopa on our way home, Sally called me to invite me to split a steak with her and I accepted. I was to meet her at the Copan Restaurant at 6:00. I tried to call her later to suggest I just pick her up at 6:00PM and we would drive down there instead of taking both our vehicles. But she didn't pick up either her cell of the house phone, so at 5:45PM, I just went down to meet her there. But she wasn't there. I waited 15 minutes and finally she called me. She had made a trip to Coffeyville to pick up something she could only get there and on the way back, her van broke down at Tyro. She walked to a nearby house to see if she could get help and found that one of her former neighbors lived there now and he brought her to Copan to meet me..she called me from the parking lot to see if I was there and when she learned I was, she came in and we ordered the steak she had won. The neighbor said the problem with her car was a broken belt. After our dinner, I took her home to Caney.

She is hoping to ride down to Bartlesville with me on Monday. She works there at the YMCA part time and gets off at noon. I told her Nancy and I would pick her up at noon and take her back to Caney and eat at Eggbert's there together. Nancy can see Caney again and we will drive by her house so she can see that and I will take Sally home afterward.

It was a busy day...you can only imagine.

When I got home after my dinner with Sally, I unpacked and put everything away and took my bath and put my pajamas on and went to bed It was 9:00PM by that time .

No comments: