Monday, November 7, 2022

Monday and A Visit to Nancy

I slept fairly well last night but was up an hour earlier then usual. Of course my watches are an hour later then they should be. I hope to get that remedied today because I am going to take them to a jeweler in Bartlesville and see if he can turn them back an hour for daylight saving time. These new watches are a mystery to me.

I am out of underwear and needed to wash my pajamas and towels so I did a load of laundry this morning. It is in the dryer now.It is 5:34AM according to the computers and phone. 

I will pick up Sally this morning at 8:00AM and take her to work first. Then after that I will see if I can get the watches corrected at a jeweler. Then I will go get Nancy up and have her get dressed so we can all three eat lunch out together. Sally and I hope to buy season tickets to the concerts in Bartlesville this year. That will give us something nice to do together.

More later...I am eating my breakfast here in the den. It's 5:53AM now. I will go check out "the weather on the 8's" now.  And a little later...the cats.

I got my laundry dried, folded and put away. Now I will go check out the weather forecast. 

I was just in time to get the forecast and the cats were out there too.I fed them before I started this part of the post.Today is to be 66 degrees and mostly cloudy, tomorrow  will be 71 with AM showers, Wednesday will be 81 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 75 degrees and PM thundershowers and wind. Friday is to be 47 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 43 degrees and sunny, and Sunday is to be 47 degrees and mostly sunny.That's the week forecast ahead...a couple of days of possible rain! We can really use that!

More later..the cats are finished eating and gone and it's light enough for my walk. 

So more later... I left for my walk at 7:05AM and got back home at 7:30AM. It was a little chilly and breezy but I took it anyway.  I will leave in about twenty minutes to pick up Sally to take her to work in Bartlesville. 

So more even later..... 

I picked up Sally at 8:00AM and took her to Bartlesville to the YMCA.  Then I went by the jewelry store and it was not going to be open until at least 10:00AM so I went to Mr. Kleen and washed my car and vacuumed it out. 

Then I went on over to Nancy's and we visited for awhile and she dressed and then we went back up to the jewelry store and the man who works there finally got both my watches reset to daylight savings time.

After we picked up Sally at 11:30AM we went to the Boulevard Cafe and had a late breakfast. Then we took Nancy back to Assisted Living and Sally and I went up to the community center to buy our season tickets to the season's concerts. Our first one is Sunday evening at 7:30PM but we need to be there by 7:00PM we were told. I will drive this time.I will pick up Sally at 6:30 PM on Sunday.

When I got back to Caney I stopped at the car repair shop and had my oil checked. It was alright. I was afraid it would be too low but it wasn't. It's only on 20% and it needs to be down to 15% before I get the oil changed.

Then I came home and put away my groceries.

Tomorrow I need to get the cookies from the church and take them to the First Christian Church there for their Tuesday evening dinner. I need to be back home by 1:00PM...no later. The Cox tech will be here sometime between 1:00PM and 3:00PM tomorrow to put in a new cable card for my TV.

More Later...I will read now.

My landlord, Stephen, came after he had worked at the CRMC all day and at Walmart afterward filling in for a vacationing pharmacist. He changed the light bulb out in my garage door opener and then drove on home to Owasso. I didn't know his wife wouldn't be staying next door and I thought he would be with her. He must be exhausted. And he will be working tomorrow too.

I have had my bath now and will go on to bed. It's only 8:38PM so I may read until 9:00PM...my usual bedtime.(It's really 9:38PM now because we are now having daylight savings time.

I am pretty tired.


 

 


No comments: