Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Wednesday and a Hairdo Day.

I slept very well last night for a change. I was up and around by 5:00AM and am having my breakfast now here in the den.

I opened the front door and both cats were out there wanting their breakfast..so I took it out to them. I haven't turned on the TV yet. I have been working on balancing my checkbook with not much luck.

More later..I will take this laptop in the living room where I can watch for the weather forecast and the cat's progress on their food.

That didn't take them long. They ate quickly and left. I brought the food into the kitchen. They may be back for more.

I see it's been raining a little..not much...not enough to keep the cats away and I believe I will still be able to take my walk ...as soon as the weather comes on and I can get a photo of it on my phone. They are looking at the latest hurricane in Florida right now. Between the election and this latest Florida hurricane, there will be plenty of other news.

It's 7:12AM now. I will need to leave at 8:15AM to have plenty of time to get my cherry limeade slush and to my hair appointment at 9:00AM.

I left about 7:15AM for my walk and got back at 8:07AM ..not bad for an old woman. That's 10 blocks.

I put away the cat food in the garage and covered it up. They obviously were not coming back.

So more even later...I need to leave at 8:15AM and I need to go to the bathroom first. Walking often does that!! :)

I got to Coffeyville in plenty of time for my hair appointment. Afterward I went out to the Woodshed in South Coffeyville and bought $14.00 worth of gas. After my trip to church on Sunday..on to Coffeyville afterward with Phyllis F. for lunch at Eggbert's and back home again and then my Monday trip  to visit Nancy and take her and Sally to lunch, then back home again and then to church on Tuesday to get the cookies and on to Independence to  deliver them to the First Christian Church and then back home again afterward  and now today for another trip to Coffeyville to get my hair done..I needed $14.00 worth of gas. Luckily I got my Social Security today.

After I left the Woodshed, I stopped at Sonic in Coffeyville and bought my cherry limeade slush. Then I stopped at my bank and got a couple of check registers. So far I haven't been able to get my checking account to balance this time and I wanted to check the bank statement information against my checking account. Now I will try again to balance the checkbook.

More later.. 

I am still off a little over $10.00 but I have been all over the checkbook and re- checked all my math with a calculator and could not find an error. I will just have to live with it. Actually I finally found the error in an old check book register.

I went out to Sonic and bought the child's Wacky Pack for my lunch. For $2.18 you can hardly go wrong. I save the toys for children at church and for Lee Ann who has parties for children.

It's 2:31PM now. There's quite a wind out there.I took a black yard bag out there and pulled up the dead flowers in the back flowerbed. The mums are still struggling so I left them. The sun is shining brightly this afternoon. I opened the blind here in the den. 

More even later...I have been watching TV. I got it to work by pulling the plug  on the TV and also the Tivo, then everything came back up when I plugged then both back in. It's 6:43PM now and I am ready to take my bath. By the time I get it done, I will read awhile until 9:00PM which is my usual bedtime.

I finally got the weather on the weather channel this evening. 

Thursday will be 73 degrees and thunderstorms. Friday is forecast for 44 degrees and Mostly sunny, Saturday is to be 45 degrees and sunny,  Sunday is to be 50 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday is to be 44 degrees and showers, Tuesday is to be 43 degrees and partly cloudy, and next Wednesday is to be 45 degrees and mostly sunny. So Thursday will bring us rain and also next Monday is to have showers.

I plan to read until 9:00PM and then go to bed.

No comments: