Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Tuesday and Cookies For the First Christian Church of Independence

I slept very poorly last night...kind of off and on...those nights happen every once in a while...more then I like,in fact. I  was up before 5:00AM, dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for the day.I will go over to our church this morning and pick up the cookies left therein the frig and take them up to the First Christian Church in Independence. The Cox tech is coming between 1:00PM and 3:00PM  to see what he can do about getting the ABC network back on the TV. And I won't tolerate a raise in cost for something that is supposed to be on my starter programming. If they want to take anything off, it can be Fox news.

I am eating my breakfast now and drinking my coffee and will soon drink my chai latte too.

Now I will go check "the weather on the 8's" and later..on the cats.

I caught the weather forecast at 6:21AM.  We are to get rain today and it will be 71 degrees, tomorrow is to be 81 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 70 degrees and thunderstorms, Friday is to be 44 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 44 degrees and sunny, Sunday is to be 48 degrees and partly cloudy and Monday is to be 47degrees and partly cloudy. It looks like we are going to get some rain this week..starting today. That's good! We can use rain.

No cats yet! But it's light enough for my walk.

More later.... 

I took my walk while it wasn't raining. I left here at 6:48AM and got home twenty minutes later. 

Only Blondie showed up for his breakfast. I don't know where Scruff was today. She was looking pretty fat lately.She may be pregnant. She was here with Blondie last night for their supper.

I watched the news until 8:30AM and then I started driving to the church to pick up the cookies. I took them to the First Christian Church in Independence and the pastor came and opened the door for me. He said they were going to not have the dinners any longer in November because of Thanksgiving and they wouldn't need any more until December 6th.

I sent out a notification of that to my Groups with Crossroads but for some reason, only Leslie received it. She will send it to the others until I can have her look at my Groups and see why none of the other church members were included.

More later...the Cox tech will be coming sometime between 1:00PM this afternoon and 3:00PM this afternoon.

The Cox tech came about 2:00PM.He checked everything over including the part on the pole out east. He couldn't find anything wrong but he was able to access ABC by clicking on channel 8 of the control that controls the  channels but it wasn't where it was supposed to be on the TV itself. After the technician left I turned on the TV and there it was..right under channel 6 on the TV just where it was supposed to be all along. Someone in "channels" got it back where it was supposed to be. So everything is working properly now..for the time being..until the next time.;)

It's 4:27PM and I went up to Mr.G's and bought a small butter pecan flurry for my supper.At lunchtime I had made myself a sandwich with my leftover chicken salad from Sunday's lunch. That worked out well.

I read most of the afternoon after he left and I went to the post office and bought stamps again. A roll of 100 stamps for the class newsletter in December will be $70. each.

Sometime in December, I will start the newsletters. I will ask Dean to pay for the postage. He began the newsletters while he was at K State in his freshman year. We used the  last of our class money last year.

More later...

I watched the evening news this evening.This election is going to be a bear! It has been very angry everywhere. These political parties need to learn to work together. 

I took my bath a little before7:00PM this evening and have my pajamas and robe on now. I didn't sleep well last night so hopefully I will do better tonight.



2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Get your sweaters out as cold weather is coming. I think we have been really lucky so far. I walked early as it’s lighter early now. I so glad you are walking.

Margie's Musings said...

Me too. It really helps!