Thursday, November 10, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning Day

I slept very well last night and didn't wake up once until nearly 5:00AM...best sleep I have had in weeks..perhaps months. I feel very rested and have made my bed, dressed, and got myself ready for the day.

Today, after I have my breakfast and watched the news and the weather, I will check on the cats and later if it isn't raining, I will take my walk as soon as it's light out.

The only thing I have on the agenda today is to clean the apartment. Thursday is a good day for that. I may check later and see if Sally wants to go eat lunch at Eggbert's at noon. 

Right now I will go turn on the weather and the news. 

So More Later... 

I turned on the TV in time to catch "the weather on the 8's" and both cats were there when I opened the door. So I took their food out for them and they are eating hungrily now.

And here's the weather forecast:Today will be 71 degrees and thunderstorms,  Friday will be 45 degrees and mostly sunny, Saturday will be 44 degrees and sunny, Sunday will be 50 degrees and partly cloudy, Monday will be 44 degrees and PM rain and snow, Tuesday will be 44 degrees and mostly cloudy, Wednesday will be 45 degrees and partly cloudy. I doubt we will get any snow on Monday but we may get rain today and Monday.  

More later... 

The cats are finished and gone now so I will get the cat food back in the garage.

I probably won't get to do my walk today. The weather report says it's supposed to be thunderstorms. I have been watching the CBS news. I am not fond of Gail. The others are alright. I need to begin mopping the bare floors.

More Later ....

It's 7:45AM and not raining yet. Before I begin my housework, I am going to take my walk. I will take my umbrella just in case.

I met those same three women I see every once in a while. They walk too but not on a regular basis. They too were trying to beat the rain that is forecast. So far I see nothing of it. The sun is shining now and there is a breeze.

It's 8:09AM and I did get my walk done. It still isn't raining  yet but it is forecast for today. 

More even later...Now I'd better get going on my mopping!

I got the bare floors all mopped and I will wait awhile to do the vacuuming until the floors dry.

I got all the vacuuming finished and will rest now. I think I will dust tomorrow. I have nothing else going tomorrow. And I am very tired. That vacuuming is something else.

Of course, I may change my mind after I rest awhile and finish the dusting too. We will see...

I read for awhile and the about 12:30PM, I went out to Eggbert's and had lunch.

When I got home I called to see what 49 three page newsletters printed on both sides would cost me at the Bartlesville Print shop.They quoted me  $23.50. I told them I would bring in the newsletter the week after Christmas. A roll of stamps will cost me $70.

Then I printed all the envelopes that have to go out in snail mail.That's done at least. I imagine I will get many of them back. Most of my classmates are 87 years old already and many might have died. I always imagine the letters that come back do so because the classmate has died or moved without leaving a forwarding address.

More Later...

It's 6:11PM now and I am going to take my bath even though it's earlier then usual.It is getting colder now and the rain is here or on it's way if not already here. 

I will take my bath and read until 9:00PM...time to go to bed. I've turned the furnace up so I can be warm.

No comments: