Sunday, November 6, 2022

Sunday and Breakfast at Church

I never did figure out how to reset my phone or either of my watches to daylight saving time. I did get the time on the stove and microwave reset but tomorrow I will have to go the jewelry store in Bartlesville and get the jeweler to do it. They set it initially for me but at that time it was only one watch..the one Ginger gave me. Now I also have the one Leslie gave me to take for them to turn both one hour back for daylight savings time. I will have to take the phone to US Cellular down there to get the time set back one hour on it. Daylight savings time is a pain..especially these "smart" watches and phones. I wish they would stop doing daylight savings time.  It's 6:30AM on daylight savings time but of course only the microwave and the stove have the daylight savings time. I changed the clock Scott and Taresa gave me but I am not going to climb on the ladder to change the one hanging in the hall.

I see the laptop computer has daylight savings time too.

I have the coffee cake in the oven now. I hope it turns out alright. It's been a while since I have baked it. I made it for my landlord and his wife a month or so ago.   

Both cats came for breakfast and I fed them a smaller amount as I have been doing lately. They tend to eat better and almost clean up their bowl.I have put away their bowl now..and covered it.

I also caught "the weather on the 8's"  . Today is to be 68 degrees and partly cloudy, Tomorrow is to be 68 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 70 degrees and AM showers, Wednesday is to be 78 degrees and partly cloudy, Thursday is to be 73 degrees and showers and wind, Friday is to be 48 degrees and sunny, Saturday is to be 46 degrees and sunny. It's cooling down and also we are to get some more rain.

I think it's about time for the coffee cake to come out of the oven. So I will put this aside. 

Sure enough the timer just went off. I will check it out now.

It was done and I put it on a rack to cool before I will put the glaze on it. 

What do you know, the phone finally changed it's time by itself. So did the laptop. The desktop computer did too.

More Later... 

I took my 12 block walk about 7:05AM and got back home about 7:30AM. The coffeecake was cool by then and I put the glaze on it. I will put Saran over it before I take it to church at 9:30. 

We had a pretty good group at church today and a great breakfast.We had no guests for the breakfast but we are going to continue to have the breakfasts anyhow. It may take some time until people in the area take us upon it. Leslie has signs out on both county roads.

After church Phyllis and I went to Eggbert's to have lunch. We saw Joyce Chowning there. It had been a long while since I had seen her. She was a couple of years behind me in school..maybe just one. Anyhow I had a short visit with her.

Then I came home.I heard from Leslie this was Sally's birthday  so I took a birthday card over to her. I was going to tape it to her glass door but she drove up while I was getting out of my car so I gave it to her instead. I will pick her up tomorrow for her trip to Bartlesville before I go visit Nancy.

After we have lunch, I will take Nancy back to assisted living and Sally and I are going to buy our concert tickets...while I have enough money in my checking account. They are $170. for the season.

I will give the rest of the coffeecake to Stephen, my landlord. He will come Monday evening to put a new light bulb in the garage door opener.

More later...I want to get my letters and the bulletins out to the  people who were not at church today.

I got my letters ready with the enclosed bulletins and I will take them to the post office and put them in the outside mailbox so they will go out tomorrow. I am sending out seven,

More later... I did take the letters and mail them. 

Then I logged onto Zoom and watched the Mission Center's worship service. Now it's 6:43PM and I will take my bath and read until 9:00PM or watch a recording of 60 Minutes until 9:00PM which is my bedtime.

No comments: