Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Tuesday and a Visit From A Cox Tech

I didn't sleep much at all last night and was awake about every hour on the hour stewing about being blocked out of my e-mail by Cox. They say my e-mail account had been hacked and that's why it was blocked. I talked to four different people at Cox most of whom had a thick Spanish accent and I couldn't understand a word they said. The tech I dealt with the longest had me download a camera to take a photo of my driver's license. I got that done twice but the Tech couldn't get it from my phone so their suggestion was that I drive over to Pittsburg, Kansas, and show them my driver's license.  That's 91.1 miles and would take me over an hour to get there even if I knew where the Cox office in Pittsburg, Kansas, was located... I would be over there lost. At 87 years old, I have no business driving 91 miles to show them my driver's license. That is ridiculous. Then they suggested I drive over to Coffeyville  to do it. The Coffeyville office has been closed for several years.  Finally they scheduled a tech to come here to my home between 8:00AM and 10:00AM this morning to check it out. Hopefully he can get my e-mail going again.

Cox has been just one nightmare after another ever since I have lived here in Caney. First it was the TV with a picture that tore constantly. They got that fixed by changing out something at the pole....two different times. Then a couple of weeks ago the entire area internet was down. Even when they got that fixed, I had no internet. They finally decided the problem was the router they installed three years ago when I moved here. So they had a tech bring me a new router and get it working. That was a week without internet at all. Cox has been a nightmare all three years I have lived here. It's just one thing after another. It's not my TV. It's only three years old.

And on top of all that, several times they have raised my rate in the past three years.  I have the very basic TV....their starter package. Nothing much on TV interests me anymore..way too much sex and violence. I watch the weather and the evening news and Lucky Dog and Ohio State and Chiefs football games and 60 Minutes that's about it. I called them and told them about my limited income and the rent and utilities take over half of that and they dropped my rate to a basic rate. Now I understand they are going to raise my rate again. I got a letter about that last week. It's another Cox nightmare.

I did get the weather right away when I turned on the TV. Tuesday will be 63 degrees and sunny and windy, Wednesday will be 46 degrees and sunny, Thursday is to be 52 degrees mostly sunny, Friday is to be 64 degrees and partly cloudy and windy, Saturday is to be 46 degrees and mostly cloudy, Sunday is to be 58 degrees and showers, Monday is to be 61 degrees and PM showers.So there's a possibility of showers Sunday and Monday, 

The tech came and  removed Outlook and will use their own e-mail program.

Cox Quit using Outlook so they are using their own e-mail program and I am having to learn it. I spent the morning putting all the classmates e-mail addresses in it. I will try to send the newsletter to them as an attachment to e-mail like I always have. But I have no actual address book in this Cox program.

Now I have to get something to eat for lunch. I have some week old soup I made to use last week on Monday. I guess It's still good. It's been in the frig all week.

More later 

I had a bowl of that soup for my lunch and it was good. I had it with crackers. Then I went down to Mr G's and had a small butter pecan flurry for dessert.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope you get this straightened out today. Always something not working.

Margie's Musings said...

True...They quit honoring Outlook and I have an entirely new way to try to access my e-mail.