Thursday, December 1, 2022

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept better last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM, dressed, made my bed and got myself ready for the day. I will clean the apartment this morning. I will fix my breakfast in a little while. It's 5:40AM now.

Tomorrow is my 87th birthday and Leslie is going to take me to lunch and to Bartlesville for a pedicure for my birthday tomorrow. Suzanne was going to do lunch too but then I told her about Leslie's plans, so now Suzanne will take me Tuesday. She knows I go to visit Nancy on Mondays. The few friends I do have here are very good caring friends.

I started this blog on the laptop but it is now frozen. Now it just unfroze itself. Weird! 

I guess I'd better use the desktop computer. It's a lot newer and runs windows 10. The laptop runs Windows 7 so you know how old it has to be. It's the one that used to be Scott's and Keith redid it for Bob Avery after his computer died altogether.  Scott had bought an Apple and just had kept the laptop in his closet and when I was down there several years ago he gave it to me. And after Bob gave it up because of the cost of Cox internet, Keith redid again for me. I have used it for years.

It's 6:00AM now and I will go make my breakfast and then move the laptop into the living room so I can blog there.

So, more later... The laptop just crashed. It had an unexplained error. It is back up now and trying to decide what caused the crash. It appears to be working now again. It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't those updates that downloaded yesterday. I think it's too old to handle all those updates.

Blondie was out front waiting for me to see him and bring him his breakfast so I took it out to him and in just a few minutes Scruff joined him. They ate a little while and then she left. He ate a while longer and then he left too. He drank some of the water in the little bowl I leave out there for fresh water for them. Now he is gone now too.

As soon as the weather forecast comes on the TV, I will get a photo of it and post it here on the blog....(if I can keep  it from crashing again).

Friday's forecast calls for 63 degrees and cloudy and windy, Saturday is to be 44 degrees and partly cloudy, Sunday 's rain has been taken out of the forecast and now is 58 degrees and cloudy, Monday is to be 61 degrees and mostly cloudy, Tuesday is to be 48 degrees and partly cloudy, and Wednesday is to be 45 degrees and cloudy.   

That's the week's forecast now. But this is Kansas and anything is possible.

It's 8:42AM and I just finished mopping the floors and they are drying now. I will vacuum the bedroom, hall, den, and the dining room now and wait for the floors to dry before finishing with the living room. It's the biggest job. I have to move out those heavy dining room chairs and then after vacuuming the dining room ...move them back around the table.. I will dust later today. I have nothing planned for Saturday either. I could do it then.

I have everything but the living room vacuumed and now I will rest before tackling that last job.  I got the living room vacuumed and then put away the sweeper.

I got those four heavy chairs back in the dining room around the table. It's 9:16AM now.

 More even later...

It's 10:51AM now and I tried to download a book on Kindle.. They now want me to buy the books and I am not going to do that because for the past couple of years I have been able to read them for free on my Kindle. I am going to try to find out what is going on with Amazon now.

I learned there are still free books available on Amazon. You have to go to their site and find those that are free for Kindle users. I will check that out!

I think I will attend the Caney Christmas parade this evening. If I do, I will have to dress warmly because  there will be wind and it's already 49 degrees and it's still light. As it gets dark it will get even colder. And it's 4:45PM now.

More later...

I went to the parade about 5:30PM and they called the numbers off for the drawing for the tickets I had received at the Caney Market. One of my tickets was just two numbers off. I didn't expect to win but you never know if you don't check. 

The parade was mostly area fire trucks and police officers and sheriffs. I think there were only three actual floats there. There was only the Caney band too but they sounded pretty good! It was very cold and windy. I was glad I had worn my jacket and gloves. I found a parking place on State street just a few cars off 4th street. 

It started at 6:30PM with the calling off the numbers for the "Caney Cash". They got ten at 6:30PM and called the rest off the other ten as soon as the parade was finished at 8:00PM. Each winner won $150.00 of "Caney Cash" to be spent in Caney. I bought a hot chocolate and cookie for a total of $1.00. That went down pretty good. I got back home at 8:30PM and immediately took a nice warm bath. It's 8:42PM now and I may just go right to bed. A nice warm bed sounds pretty good! It's 9:00PM now and time for bed!


3 comments:

DrumMajor said...

Happy Happy Birthday! Enjoy the nicer weather today. Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, DrumMajor!

ChuckFu said...

Happy Birthday Mom

Love you